The "Perfect" Burger

/ The "Perfect" Burger
I really hate you. I do. Go back to your cave and leave me alone. I hate you.

Can I come over for dinner? :D

/ The "Perfect" Burger #22  
Alright Pine, come clean...I know you got some good recipes. :laughing:
personally...I like 80/20 ground chuck for grilled burgers...plain on a fresh bun with salt and pepper...but I eat more burgers from Wendy's than I get at the house...

/ The "Perfect" Burger
:laughing: I know how it goes. That's actually the "recipe" I'll be grillin' later....if I get to it. The pipe is nice.:D

/ The "Perfect" Burger #24  
If you haven't tried it do this. When you buy "pre-ground" ground chuck from a grocery store it actually can have a certain amount of other meat cuts in it plus it sets for sometime before being used. Get a chuck roast and if you have a grinder it at home right before you grill it. If you don't have a grinder ask the butcher to grind the roast for you. Use as soon as possible. Much, much better.

/ The "Perfect" Burger #25  
Anyone done the beef/pork mix burgers?
Yep, some 90/10 beef and some ground pork sausage at a ~75/25% ratio. Salted an peppered them, then coated them in a little Sweet Baby Rays as I put them on the grill. First few mins on high (got both sides) to sear in the jouces, then dropped it down to medium till they were ~160 degrees and they were great.
Need to try grinding the meats together next time (vs mixing by hand) and perhaps grinding in a little Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar on one to see how that goes over...

Aaron Z

/ The "Perfect" Burger #26  
Anyone done the beef/pork mix burgers?

Try mixing in bacon and onions, chopped fine. Great as well!

D^mn, now I'm getting hungry and I've already ate!

/ The "Perfect" Burger
Thanks guys. What I do have on hand is some onion, a very small bit of fresh jalepeno, and some bacon bits. I plan on getting some "real" bacon to either oven fry/pan fry for the next round.

:licking:

Keep 'em coming, please. I have a lot of "science" to go. :D

/ The "Perfect" Burger
No grinder luvmex, but I've heard some sirloin is great too, gracias.

/ The "Perfect" Burger
Yep, some 90/10 beef and some ground pork sausage at a ~75/25% ratio. Salted an peppered them, then coated them in a little Sweet Baby Rays as I put them on the grill. First few mins on high (got both sides) to sear in the jouces, then dropped it down to medium till they were ~160 degrees and they were great.
Need to try grinding the meats together next time (vs mixing by hand) and perhaps grinding in a little Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar on one to see how that goes over...

Aaron Z

This is food ****, all the way, niiiiiice. :thumbsup:

/ The "Perfect" Burger #30  
I think for the grills "maiden voyage" I'd skip the "burger" and toss on some overpriced ribeye or a few T-bones:D:thumbsup: