Squirrel Trouble Again

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #11  
Score another one for athletic healthy cats around when in a rural setting

:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #12  
Score another one for athletic healthy cats around when in a rural setting

:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

Darn right, a good cat with hunting instincts is worth quite a bit to keep the vermin down, if you can keep the coyotes from eating your kitties..

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #13  
We always found plain ol' wooden rat traps did a good job on 'em.

Sean

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #15  
I had trouble with the little monsters last year. I took 37 squirrels out of my 3 acres this past December. I used a pellet rifle and/or my Thompson Contender .410 gauge pistol. They are good eating and make great pot pies. Between the squirrels and the deer, I got hardly anything off my fruit trees. Since the major culling effort on the tree rats, I have seen only one or two. Guess these are new ones moving in.

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #16  
Here is how they got my PU.
I was leaving my property and stopped to close my gate. I smelled gas and looked under my truck and saw gas spraying on the muffler!!
I had to remove the bed for access to repair it.
I shoot them with a BB gun. Funny how they all disappear after the first shot. ???

Attachments

• PU Fuel Line 005.jpg
    PU Fuel Line 005.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 168
  • PU Fuel Line 004.jpg
    PU Fuel Line 004.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 117
  • PU Fuel Line 001.jpg
    PU Fuel Line 001.jpg
    727.1 KB · Views: 98
   / Squirrel Trouble Again #17  
They good with grits.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

I second that! Sounds like he needs a big pot and a few taters. Some cat head biscuits would be good too.

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #18  
They had a fishing lure maker that bought squirrel tails,Mepps I think.

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #19  
Here is how they got my PU. I was leaving my property and stopped to close my gate. I smelled gas and looked under my truck and saw gas spraying on the muffler!! I had to remove the bed for access to repair it. I shoot them with a BB gun. Funny how they all disappear after the first shot. ???
You need a .410 shotgun....

/ Squirrel Trouble Again #20  
Never had problems with squirrels and my vehicles... The mice got in there first. The squirrels developed a taste for my cabin siding - T-111. I guess they liked the glue or something. But they chewed it viciously... Particularly on the front porch. I tried all sorts of repellants, including the hot pepper stuff. I think they just liked the extra flavor, because it didn't help. I shot some, and asked local squirrel hunters to shoot some, and finally replaced part of the T-111 wood with a simulated T-111 concrete board. They don't like that. My family dogs and cat keep them away from my home, but the cabin is still vulnerable. We shoot about 20 or 30 in that area each year, but they keep coming back. Game folks advise me that experiments have shown you can wipe out 75 percent of the population one year and they'll be back in full strength in the next year. They are indeed rodents.

I guess the problem is that men drastically reduced the population of foxes and bobcats around here, so they just don't have enough predators. The coyotes are here now and helping a bit, but they aren't a cagy as the foxes and don't get as many.