Which handgun for Home defense?

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #11  
I enjoy shooting my 9 mm Sig P229DAK. The standard magazines hold 13 rounds and I have 4 of them. I also have a 17 round magazine for it. I contacted Sig and asked their opinion about leaving magazines loaded and the recommendation I got was to rotate them once a month. However, the reality is that I never keep it loaded anyway. If I qualify with a revolver, then I'm not certified to carry a semi-auto, but if I qualify with a semi-auto, I'm legal carrying either, so I use the Sig to qualify. But I have a 6 shot S&W .38 spl. and I have a 5 shot S&W .38 spl. and they are both always loaded and ready. And when I carry concealed, it's the 5 shot Chief.

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #13  
I was going to add this is just to hold them off till we get to the safe room..

Lou

I'm guessing the hot tub doesn't get a whole lot of use anymore? :)

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #16  
I know the OP ruled out shotguns but has this been posted?

SRM 1216

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #17  
It doesn't matter which gun you choose for home defense. The government will be along shortly to collect all the guns they know you have to "Improve public safety" . By chatting about your guns on the Internet you have just added to their data base.

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #18  
No matter what you decide, have you considered the type of ammo? Depending on your Home's location and proximity to other dwellings, the number of occupants in your Home, among other variables, I would think that emphasis should be placed on Ammo selection also. Just a thought. Best wishes.

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #19  
I'd suggest a revolver, maybe something like a Taurus Judge, that you can load with heavy buckshot. In a high-stress situation, you don't want to have to remember to rack a slide or release a safety, or both.

/ Which handgun for Home defense? #20  
It doesn't matter which gun you choose for home defense. The government will be along shortly to collect all the guns they know you have to "Improve public safety" . By chatting about your guns on the Internet you have just added to their data base.

Was that necessary?