Snake Farm...

/ Snake Farm... #11  
One time my wife and I were down at our farm fishing in the pond from the bank and she said look across the pond , are those turtle heads or snake heads in the water ? I looked and clear on the other side of the pond were two heads sticking up but they were leaving a wake and were headed toward us...I did not have my rifle or pistol with me...and here they come....they kept coming...I told my wife to reel in her fishing line as I did mine and we got out of there when they were about 20 feet from the bank and never looked back....For a long time I always took my Ruger Mark II 22 down there or my shotgun....So anyone have any idea what kind of snakes those would be that would be that bold to attack us....This Georgia pond in the summer...????? I hate snakes ...all kinds...

/ Snake Farm... #12  
They were just coming over to so say "hi" Bob, and shoot the breeze with ya. :D

/ Snake Farm... #13  
One time my wife and I were down at our farm fishing in the pond from the bank and she said look across the pond , are those turtle heads or snake heads in the water ? I looked and clear on the other side of the pond were two heads sticking up but they were leaving a wake and were headed toward us...I did not have my rifle or pistol with me...and here they come....they kept coming...I told my wife to reel in her fishing line as I did mine and we got out of there when they were about 20 feet from the bank and never looked back....For a long time I always took my Ruger Mark II 22 down there or my shotgun....So anyone have any idea what kind of snakes those would be that would be that bold to attack us....This Georgia pond in the summer...????? I hate snakes ...all kinds...

I doubt they were going to attack you. They likely didn't even know you were there, or felt you didn't pose a threat. Most snakes will retreat unless you are threatening them, though I have heard that water moccasins (cottonmouths) will stand their ground. It's possible you could have been near their nest and they were coming to defend it.

/ Snake Farm... #14  
Sunday I found this little guy in the valve box... solenoids are not wired up yet, so I've been turning them on by hand.

snakeinvalvebox_zps3a2698da.jpg

Gotta get those valves wired up! This was a gopher snake (we have lots of gophers, and gopher snakes) but they have really unfortunate markings. I want them around but this is also rattler country, so a second look is always a good idea before opening fire.

In this case, nothing a simple change of underwear couldn't fix. :eek:

/ Snake Farm... #15  

Most likely just a water snake and harmless. We have them everywhere and it is not uncommon for them to get in the boat while fishing. It is easy to tell the difference between a harmless water snake and a cottonmouth even from a distance if they are in the water. Cottonmouths almost float on top of the water. You can see their entire body while swimming. Water snakes do the head out of the water with the rest slightly below the water surface.

/ Snake Farm... #17  
Most likely just a water snake and harmless. We have them everywhere and it is not uncommon for them to get in the boat while fishing. It is easy to tell the difference between a harmless water snake and a cottonmouth even from a distance if they are in the water. Cottonmouths almost float on top of the water. You can see their entire body while swimming. Water snakes do the head out of the water with the rest slightly below the water surface.

OK now that you mentioned that these snakes had their whole bodies wiggling on top of the water coming straight at us...the lake is about 400 ft. across and we stood our ground until they were 20 ft. away or so...there whole bodies, and they were good size 3 ft. or more , was wiggling on top of the water as they got closer we could see that...when they were far away it looked like just their heads .

/ Snake Farm... #19  
OK now that you mentioned that these snakes had their whole bodies wiggling on top of the water coming straight at us...the lake is about 400 ft. across and we stood our ground until they were 20 ft. away or so...there whole bodies, and they were good size 3 ft. or more , was wiggling on top of the water as they got closer we could see that...when they were far away it looked like just their heads .

Bob....quit wearing that "Rat" costume down to the lake.......you're ticking off the snakes!:laughing:

/ Snake Farm... #20  
Bob....quit wearing that "Rat" costume down to the lake.......you're ticking off the snakes!:laughing:

Oh sorry...OK...I will do that ...I was busy getting a lot of hugs at your hug site you posted...Hey, Jerrybob...that site has some real Foxy Huggers...don't tell my Mrs....Oh , and does your Mrs. know you go there...? :confused3::laughing::D