Snake Farm...

/ Snake Farm... #21  
I used to employ the "dispatch" method on any and all. Now I let them go if I can scoop them in a shovel and relocate them away from the house. Some take the trip well (like a dog in the car). Some don't (RIP on those).

/ Snake Farm... #22  
Last summer was the Year of The Snake here. Garter and similar snakes under every rock it seemed. I'd see one or two every time I mowed the yard. That's about the only sort of snakes we get here, like jimmyj in ON.

/ Snake Farm... #23  
Last summer was the Year of The Snake here. Garter and similar snakes under every rock it seemed. I'd see one or two every time I mowed the yard. That's about the only sort of snakes we get here, like jimmyj in ON.

Years ago we had property in southern Wisconsin. Snakes loved the front stoop. I put in one of those big satellite dishes and they loved that concrete pad also. We had a corner of the house in the woods with a patio door and during the annual spring clean-up I took a break...wasn't long before we had a snake under the piano bench in the living room. Pine snakes, bull snakes, hog snakes, etc. I used to hate them, then realized they were nice to have if they stayed away from the house.

/ Snake Farm...
Here is another black snake I found just this afternoon on the lower deck (screened in). I don't know why it's all contracted like a spring. After I grabbed it, the dang thing stretched out pretty good. It's on 2x6 floor in the pic. Sorry the picture is a bit blurry.

tues.jpg

/ Snake Farm... #25  
Oh sorry...OK...I will do that ...I was busy getting a lot of hugs at your hug site you posted...Hey, Jerrybob...that site has some real Foxy Huggers...don't tell my Mrs....Oh , and does your Mrs. know you go there...? :confused3::laughing::D

Bob.....we are brothers remember? What is said between TBN brothers stays with TBN brothers....the Mrs. don't need to know everything!:D:thumbsup:

/ Snake Farm... #26  
My daughter when she was 2 stepped on a 6' black rat snake. Scared her, scared the snake too. It went slinking off into the woods, she still remembers it.

/ Snake Farm... #27  
My daughter when she was 2 stepped on a 6' black rat snake. Scared her, scared the snake too. It went slinking off into the woods, she still remembers it.

:laughing: Reminds me of when my daughter was 6, always had trouble getting her to put on shoes before she went out in the yard. One day there was a huge bull snake in the yard, 6' plus, I took her out and showed her and we never had to ask her to wear shoes again!:laughing:

/ Snake Farm... #29  
We've got black snakes and the usual assortment of king snakes, water snakes and the like. But in the lifetime of myself and my dad - going back almost a century, we've only seen one poisonous snake, a rattler. My dad killed it. Otherwise we leave the snakes alone. I worked around some at an animal park when I was younger, but they can startle you. My agreement with the wife - who hates them - is that I remove any in the yard and put them back in the forest.

/ Snake Farm... #30  
Seems we see more venomous snakes around here than non-venomous. With the rat snakes being the most common non-venomous. Occasionally a grass snake. Lots of Copperheads, A few rattlers every year, and at least 2 coral snakes every year since we moved in (3 years). Already saw one this year on the property line a couple of weeks ago. Good snakes get relocated. dangerous ones usually get dead.