Deer Whistles

/ Deer Whistles #11  
If'n you don't get in too many deer wrecks to move, let us know when so we can visit during the fair. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Deer Whistles #12  
Had a friend years ago that owned a cabin in Ludlow, PA. He had a set of whistles on the bumper of his pickup. He wasn't impressed with them at all, although he never actually hit a deer himself.

/ Deer Whistles #13  
My car came factory equipped with NUCAWS, or the Nocturnal Ungulate Collision Avoidance Warning System. It consist of these electromagnetic transducers which cause the air molecules to vibrate very quickly. If the intensity setting on NUCAWS is high enough, the deer will detect the vibrations and at least become more cautious, if not avoid the area. There is a backup NUCAWS also installed which is effective once you actually see a deer Activating the secondary NUCAWS will often break the "deer in the headlights" trance long enough for them to exit the roadway. Secondary NUCAWS is usually activated with a button somewhere on the steering column. Primary NUCAWS, being a background system - is usually installed on the dashboard between the driver and passenger seats. Since Primary NUCAWS is also detectable by humans, you should avoid using the system at extremely high intensity levels when driving through residential neighborhoods late at night.

/ Deer Whistles #14  
In most Deer encounters the animal is sitting in your lap before anything can be activated. Perhaps that is why the insurance companies class them as flying objects.

Egon

/ Deer Whistles #15  
In CT & MA, hitting a deer is a non chargeable accident.... If you hit a dear, you are charged with spousal abuse! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Around here, if I whistle for dear, I will get hit........ /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Deer Whistles #16  
Oh - I thought this thread was about a new accessory for my green tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I drive past deer and elk almost every day, and the most frequent encounters are at dawn and dusk. Obviously any place near streams are popular gathering spots. Whistles don't seem to have any effect. Perhaps radar might help at night...

/ Deer Whistles #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Oh - I thought this thread was about a new accessory for my green tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

)</font>

Sorry : Guess you will have to go get your tractor just like the rest of have to.LOL

/ Deer Whistles #19  
I recently hit a deer and my truck was equipped with whistles. I popped over a hill and there were five deer standing in the middle of the road with their heads up trying to figure out what that annoying noise was. My new truck does not have whistles. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Deer Whistles #20  
I thought I posted to this before? or one similar a while back ?>

we have them on my old womans t-bird: seems to WORK but there are 4 of them mounted (2 pairs) one pair round and one square pair. she was running 60 or so and a bug buck was comming full bore at us at a right angle (heading for a collision) the deer stopped and did a 90 and proceeded to run paralell to us. she had slowed slightly after my screaming "DEER--DEER" made her look at ME not the DEER I was pointing at across her nose, she proceeded to look at me and honest to god said "WHAT DO YOU WANT? you don't have to YELL at me like that i'm setting right next yto you!" ROFLMAO; luckly the deer was smarter than the dear and I got a good laugh out of it now. she still insists there was no crotter running along side of us that day! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif