Deer Whistles

/ Deer Whistles #21  
I understand that if you mount the deer whistles backwards the deer will follow you home, but if you stop too fast they will make a mess out of your back bumper! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Deer Whistles #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I thought I posted to this before? or one similar a while back ?>

we have them on my old womans t-bird: seems to WORK but there are 4 of them mounted (2 pairs) one pair round and one square pair. she was running 60 or so and a bug buck was comming full bore at us at a right angle (heading for a collision) the deer stopped and did a 90 and proceeded to run paralell to us. she had slowed slightly after my screaming "DEER--DEER" made her look at ME not the DEER I was pointing at across her nose, she proceeded to look at me and honest to god said "WHAT DO YOU WANT? you don't have to YELL at me like that i'm setting right next yto you!" ROFLMAO; luckly the deer was smarter than the dear and I got a good laugh out of it now. she still insists there was no crotter running along side of us that day! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>O dear oh deer.

/ Deer Whistles #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I understand that if you mount the deer whistles backwards the deer will follow you home, but if you stop too fast they will make a mess out of your back bumper! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

)</font>

If you back up it will throw them off your trail.

/ Deer Whistles #24  
How do you get the Deer to stand still long enough to install the whistles ?? I understand the mounting criteria for bucks......... but........do the does just wear them around their necks like the football refs do ?? How are we supposed to hear the whistles with our windows up and the CD player on ??

/ Deer Whistles #25  
My dad bought some of them for his truck. Funny thing is that only one of them actually will whistle. The other one is just for looks so it doesn't look odd just having one whistle on the car. I can't remember what side the actual whistle goes on. If you blow into the end of each one, one will whistle and one will not.

/ Deer Whistles #26  
So does anyone know of any studies on those things? I managed to live all of my life without ever hitting a deer....until a couple of weeks ago. I bought my wife a new Chevrolet Trail Blazer and got all of 58 miles with it when I hit a buck while traveling at about 65MPH. Never even saw it until my grill exploded like a grenade going off. Of course my wife is real happy with me right now.

/ Deer Whistles #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My dad bought some of them for his truck. Funny thing is that only one of them actually will whistle. The other one is just for looks so it doesn't look odd just having one whistle on the car. I can't remember what side the actual whistle goes on. If you blow into the end of each one, one will whistle and one will not. )</font>

Steve,

I believe the 2 whistles are at 2 different frequencies. One of them we can hear, the other is too high of a pitch for our ears.

Ozarker - Sorry to hear about your new Trail Blazer.

/ Deer Whistles #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So does anyone know of any studies on those things? I managed to live all of my life without ever hitting a deer....until a couple of weeks ago. I bought my wife a new Chevrolet Trail Blazer and got all of 58 miles with it when I hit a buck while traveling at about 65MPH. Never even saw it until my grill exploded like a grenade going off. Of course my wife is real happy with me right now. )</font>

Is she on good terms with the dear?