covering garage floor

/ covering garage floor #21  
If I had a new one I would Epoxy it immediately. Like everything else its a matter of choice and taste. I sure would like to be able to wipe up oil spills instead of haveing every little drop stain the floor. I cleaned mine this weekend with a product from Home Depot. I think it had acid in it. I found it in a gallon jug in the cleaning supplies. $9 a gallon. It actually worked. Dave

/ covering garage floor #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WOW ! I'm green with envey /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Thanks Dave. Considering the crap I started with, it ain't half bad now. BTW I'm sure I turned several colors while sanding and prepping, but green definately was not one of them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BrettW, I remember the directions on the product saying a new floor must cure for 90 days before application of epoxy. I'd keep my options open and not apply sealer immediately. If you get a good finish job with a nice gray tone, then by all means spray it and forget it if you desire.

Next summer's project is to mirror the garage at the opposite side of the pad shown in the previous picture. I'll epoxy that too unless this shows me a reason not to. I've found my old stuff looks a lot better on a shiney floor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ covering garage floor #23  
Just swing on over. I always keep a extra can of spray JD green. We'll get ya the right color /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Actually a part of my floor is truelly green from over spray /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Dave

/ covering garage floor #24  
One more.....sorry, I just can't help it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 335075-copy of Garage Floor 007.jpg
    335075-copy of Garage Floor 007.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 180
   / covering garage floor #25  
I would consider painting my garage floor if I could only see it.... There is so much stuff in there that it hasn't seen the light of day in 10 years.. even added on an additional garage to put some of the stuff that was in the original garage into it, but it filled up before that happened. "Stuff" will accumulate in direct proportion to the area that is available. When I die, they are going to have one heck of a great auction!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ covering garage floor #26  
Oh Sure, Storage cabiets too. Show off /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I just move the pile from a to b and sweep. once a year /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Dave

/ covering garage floor #27  
I'm building a new shop with a concrete floor. I'm going to use an Industrial epoxy system from Sherwin-Williams. I had the concrete finished to a smooth finish which I will sand with a 80 grit paper using a floor finishing pad type sander. This is the way Sherwin-Williams reccomended to prep. There are some do's and don'ts about finishing the concrete and I would recommend that you talk with which ever company whose product you are going to use prior to placing concrete if possible.
Leo

/ covering garage floor #28  
I can't beileve your work space is actually that clean!
If my CFO sees that I will never hear the end of it.

Fred

/ covering garage floor #29  
So, does anyone have know how the salt from the roads will affect the painted floor?

/ covering garage floor #30  
Well....... what I didn't show was the basement and attic /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif