One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night #1  

monster318

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 318
Hey all.

First off I am gonna put this out in the open,I am a 25 year old, engaged guy, I bought my house almost two years ago, I keep the property immaculate, grass is always mowed, got a healthy garden going. Shrubs are trimmed. The biggest event I have had here so far is a few couples sitting around the fire pit bullsh*tting. This is by no means a party house.

So this year I decided I am going to take my old restored Chevy truck to the local truck pulls and pull with it for the first time ever when the local fair comes around. The previous owner of the truck, mildly rebuilt the motor, small cam, better pistons etc. but he daily drove it so he had a real fuel saver intake with a quadrajet look alike carb on it. So I decided if I was going to pull this year with it that I was gonna put a better intake with a Holley carb on it. So me and a couple buddies got together one day and did just that. We got it all back together and tuned and timed in real good, we were drinking a little bit and my buddy is like "do a burn out". So in MY OWN driveway. I did two big smokey burn outs. One up the driveway and one back down it. 10 minutes later cops show up. Claims someone driving by reported it So he tells us to pack it in for the night. No problem. We put it back in the garage and we're done for the night.

So a few days go by. I come home from work. Start the truck up. Pull it out of the garage, let it sit there and idle and warm up. Then shut it back off. As I start to wash it, cop pulls up the driveway, another noise complaint he says I explain exactly what I just did and yet all he replies with is, "well just keep in mind were watching you and logging every time we have to come out here". So next day, I leave to go help someone move something with the truck, 20 minutes later fiancé calls me and said cop is there knocking on door. Same thing. I told her to tell the cop exactly what i just did and to demand to get the name of the people who keep calling cause I want to confront them.

I don't know what else to do.

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night
I get that part. But every time the truck starts, is there really a need to have them called?? Now I can't live a normal life because of one stupid thing?

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night #4  
I would call the cops as well. I don't think it matters if you are in your drive way or not, really not a cool thing to do.

The first time MAY have been justified, but if the truck is street legal he should be able to idle in his driveway without complaints. It sounds like he has a mean spirited neighbor.

What year is the truck? Pics would be helpful.;)

I am not arguing they were wrong the first time, we did the burn out. The cops came, we complied and shut it right down, what I am pissed about is now every time i leave my house with it. Or go to do anything with it, I am called on. The truck is street legal, registered, up to date on inspection and insured.

It is a 1986 Chevy k20. 350 with a 4 speed. I will upload pics later on

That's the last thing you want to so.

Steve

No I do cause almost all my neighbors this past year I went around and plowed them out when it snowed and didn't charge them anything for it so if I am gonna be mr nice guy and help you out and then you turn your back on me. I wanna know who they are

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night #8  
If you've got a smart phone get one of the free soundmeter apps and give us the honest decibel readings at say 20' and 40'.
Video/sound record the truck next time you pull it out to let it idle so you can SHOW the police what you just did and let them listen. You may just have a little old lady that doesn't like her silence disturbed. And also pay attention to TIME. Keep it quiet before 9am and after 8pm.

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night #9  
May be a pain to do, but ya might want to have someone video your coming and going in the truck including volume if possible . If the police show up, let them view the video including time/date stamp . Keep recordings and continue to do so . You may be glad to have them in the future .

Oops . Newbury kinda beat me to it .

/ One night of roudyness leads to cops coming every night #10  
Put some mufflers on it.