Rural living is great for privacy, or is it?

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
It was stinking hot day the other day (40 deg C) so after I had finished with the tractor and shovelling horse manure I had a shower and flopped on the bed to rest. After an hour or so I became aware that our guinea fowl were making a racket.
We have had a real rash of goannas lately and because we have chooks I decided to go check what all the noise was about but I neglected to put any clothes on as you do in the country.
I opened the big ranchslider door and stepped out and slipped on my thongs (jandals) and started to walk to the driveway. And then I FROZE.
About 40 feet away, and thankfully walking OUT my drive, were 2 Jehovas Witnesses! Oh my!!
I quickly retreated in the door not taking my eyes off them and thankfully they didn't turn around.
Now I have a gate in the driveway and it was closed so they had left their vehicle on the roadside and opened the gate and walked in. That is why I didn't hear them. They must have knocked on our door but neither of us heard them.
Maybe I should not make them feel so welcome next time and that may put an end to impromptu visits?

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #2  
They were the ones invading your privacy, no reason for you to be embarrassed. If they were offended by your state of undress too bad for them. I would probably called out to them and seen how uncomfortable I could make them:D

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #3  
That sort of pisses me off that someone would walk past a gate and on to your property to solicit. I'm not an exhibitionist but I wouldn't feel the least bit embarrassed... if they were to be offended then god's will.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #4  
I had just started my tractor and was warming it up and so I jumped out to take care of business before driving my tractor 5 miles down the road to my other property. There I stood taking a leak, and out of the corner of my eye I spotted movement. As I'm doing my thing I spot a pair of JWs driving up my driveway.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #5  
That sort of pisses me off that someone would walk past a gate and on to your property to solicit. I'm not an exhibitionist but I wouldn't feel the least bit embarrassed... if they were to be offended then god's will.

I understand what you're saying Mate. Although I don't have a gate on my drive, about the only uninvited/unexpected 'guests' I get here are the JWs... which is fine as I can discuss the Bible with them enough to politely bore them back into their vehicle. :)

My problem (pay attention Alien) right now is that I've got a (bloody) Queenslander visiting me and he's seriously depleting my wine collection!!! Let this be a warning to all... Queenslanders, as a rule, are hazardous to your liquour cabinet, beer fridge and wine cellar. BEWARE.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it?
Sadly I know. I had one stay with me once and I got up in the middle of the night to find him pinching my Drambuie. He was real guilty about it.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #7  
We have sign beginning of our driveway in plan view and I'll be darn how many can't see/read until I mention did you see the sign,if they say yes I'll say than leave now,if they say no I'll say go read the sign,they don't return.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #8  
Sadly I know. I had one stay with me once and I got up in the middle of the night to find him pinching my Drambuie. He was real guilty about it.

That is a hanging offense!

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #9  
Many years ago - probably around 20-25 - I was sitting in the living room in my underwear, watching TV & about to enjoy a just opened beer. It was the middle of summer, it was hot. A knock at the door - I get up, open the door and its a pair of JW ladies. I was shocked because I was expecting either my neighbor or my son.

The only thing I could think of at that moment was - "Would you like a beer?". I extended the hand of friendship, holding the just opened beer - I've NEVER been visited by the JW's again. What a shame - it was a premium brand beer and it was frosty.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #10  
My single neighbour down the road had them visit him once upon a time and he asked them what their Gods' stand was on gay people, because his brother was gay. (His story)
They left and have never been back.

They were here the other day. Junior went out and froze his gonads off talking to them on the deck. Me, I just run them off. They don't get the chance to get to the deck. I live in the country because I like my privacy and I certainly do NOT want it invaded by someone trying to sell me something I don't want any part of. I had an Aunt that was a JW. One in the family is more than enough.