Rural living is great for privacy, or is it?

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #11  
It's gonna be a great day. I've learned two new words today and it isn't even 6am...chooks and goannas.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #12  
We have JW's stop by here once or twice a year. My wife gets all pissy about it, but I'm polite and hear them out. I've always talked to them on the porch not in the house. They are always dressed nice and very polite. I let them know I'm Catholic and thank them for stopping by. I don't understand wanting to be ignorant to them.
Can't fault them for trying to spread some religion in this world. Lord knows we could sure use some.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #13  
It was stinking hot day the other day (40 deg C) so after I had finished with the tractor and shovelling horse manure I had a shower and flopped on the bed to rest. After an hour or so I became aware that our guinea fowl were making a racket.
We have had a real rash of goannas lately and because we have chooks I decided to go check what all the noise was about but I neglected to put any clothes on as you do in the country.
I opened the big ranchslider door and stepped out and slipped on my thongs (jandals) and started to walk to the driveway. And then I FROZE.
About 40 feet away, and thankfully walking OUT my drive, were 2 Jehovas Witnesses! Oh my!!
I quickly retreated in the door not taking my eyes off them and thankfully they didn't turn around.
Now I have a gate in the driveway and it was closed so they had left their vehicle on the roadside and opened the gate and walked in. That is why I didn't hear them. They must have knocked on our door but neither of us heard them.
Maybe I should not make them feel so welcome next time and that may put an end to impromptu visits?

Sorry, couldn't get past the part about it being HOT - I wont see HOT for 7 months :smiley_aafz:

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #14  
We have sign beginning of our driveway in plan view and I'll be darn how many can't see/read until I mention did you see the sign,if they say yes I'll say than leave now,if they say no I'll say go read the sign,they don't return.

Thomas, what does your sign say????

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #15  
I live in a semi-rural area and my township has a law that if anyone intrudes on your property with an intention of trying to sell you something, if you have a sign posted that reads "No soliciting" they are breaking said law. Local police department told me if I want to swear out a complaint about JW I am welcome to and when I see JW stop here I walk up to them and first thing I do is take their photo, walk by them and take an image of the vehicle they are driving plus an image of the license plate. THEN I ask them if they saw the sign I have posted and inquire if they are so stupid they cannot read and tell them to get the (BLEEP) off my property and never come back again. I do not give them a chance to say ANYTHING at all. I have ZERO tolerance for such morons.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #16  
It's gonna be a great day. I've learned two new words today and it isn't even 6am...chooks and goannas.

Don't forget Queenslander! (It's the Queen's representative - in this case Queen Elizabeth - who comes by periodically to inspect your land. The tradition is to get them all liquored up, and keep them happy so they don't give your land back to the Queen.)

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #17  
Don't forget Queenslander! (It's the Queen's representative - in this case Queen Elizabeth - who comes by periodically to inspect your land. The tradition is to get them all liquored up, and keep them happy so they don't give your land back to the Queen.)

Thanks. Even better day it will be. I thought Queenslander referred to one living in or from Queensland, so glad to get the right definition.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #18  
I don't imagine they will be visiting me until I have a house built on the land. If they show up before that, I will hand them a shovel and tell them too get to work. I have no trespassing signs up at my gate and all over the perimeter of my land. Some of my neighbors have signs that imply you will be shot if they catch you on their land. I kind of like that. Saves me from being the one to make people uncomfortable.

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #19  
We have JW's stop by here once or twice a year. My wife gets all pissy about it, but I'm polite and hear them out. I've always talked to them on the porch not in the house. They are always dressed nice and very polite. I let them know I'm Catholic and thank them for stopping by. I don't understand wanting to be ignorant to them.
Can't fault them for trying to spread some religion in this world. Lord knows we could sure use some.

Just saying here: I am a 10 gallon blood donor and think more people should do the same thing. Suppose I drove the 8 miles to the closest JW hall and began passing out brochures urging the members there to go to the local Red Cross and donate. Lord knows we could sure use some more donors....

/ Rural living is great for privacy, or is it? #20  
Just saying here: I am a 10 gallon blood donor and think more people should do the same thing. Suppose I drove the 8 miles to the closest JW hall and began passing out brochures urging the members there to go to the local Red Cross and donate. Lord knows we could sure use some more donors....

FYI - Jehovah's don't believe in donating or receiving blood by way of transfusion (even for life saving procedures). Not sure if you knew that or not.