TBN is slowing down???

/ TBN is slowing down??? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Just got to thinking that we should be getting close to 5M posts, as it's been awhile.

At our current rate, we are still 32-36 weeks away.

Didn't seem like it took this long to go from 2-3, 3-4??

So I had to do some checking.

2m to 3m took 824 days and 1213 posts/day average

3m to 4m 856 days. 1168 ppd average.

Well that 4m milestone was 924 days ago. So we are already 75-100 days overdue....and Still have 200+ days to go since we still need 195,000 posts.

Sure don't seem like we are slowing down. This is always a hopping place. Wonder if there was a mass cleanup of double posts?? But even over the last 90 days we are averaging 834 ppd instead of the (once normal) 1100-1200.

/ TBN is slowing down??? #2  
I'm new to the forum, so can't offer any historical perspective. But I will say that I've been reading & learning non-stop since joining. There is so much information due in those older posts, it's like an encyclopedia of tractors!

Just in time I've been here, there have been a constant stream of new people signing up. They're probably all reading this treasure trove like me!

/ TBN is slowing down??? #3  
Sure don't seem like we are slowing down. This is always a hopping place. Wonder if there was a mass cleanup of double posts?? But even over the last 90 days we are averaging 834 ppd instead of the (once normal) 1100-1200.

Could the recurring Sunday morning "database error" episodes have messed up the total message counter? I noticed that during those episodes some threads would show 0 replies even though the threads contained replies.

Steve

/ TBN is slowing down???
Could the recurring Sunday morning "database error" episodes have messed up the total message counter? I noticed that during those episodes some threads would show 0 replies even though the threads contained replies.

Steve

I don't know.

It just seems from june 2010 to Jan 2015 we were averaging 1200 posts per day. That was from 2 million to 4 million posts.

Would think a drop to 800 posts per day would be a noticable drop in web traffic. Loosing 1/3 of the volume.

Looking forward to a 5m contest, which is what had me looking in the first place and thinking it's been too long

/ TBN is slowing down??? #5  
Here, let me help speed it up.

/ TBN is slowing down???
The count to 3m and 4m were fun as well:thumbsup:

/ TBN is slowing down??? #9  
Seems like every time I get on TBN with my IPad I get a message that the app needs to be updated. Also getting this on my IPhone. Could that be a problem?

Also it is summer. I am not on the 'puter' nearly as much as in the winter. Too much tractor stuff to do outside.

And yes, TBM is the place to go if you need info on about anything.

RSKY

/ TBN is slowing down???
Fair enough.

But a 90 day stretch from December 1, 2016 to Feb 1, 2017......54869 posts.

610 per day average over winter?