Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing?

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Normally, I buy a Red Wing farmer type 6" leather work boot but recently I saw a similar pair of Chippewa work boots that looked really nice and well made. Comments on their site were excellent but they are excellent for Red Wing as well. The Chippewa costs about $100 more per pair but a good boot is worth it.

Has anyone owned both or can anyone offer any comments on comparing the Red Wing boot with the Chippewa boot?

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #2  
I can't remember if I ever wore Chippewa boots other than maybe a pair of logger boots, But I could never get a pair of Red Wings to last more than 6 months without coming apart. Either the heel would tear loose from the leather upper, or the toe would delaminate from the base material.

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #3  
I’ve had both. The Chippewa “station boot” has always been a very nice boot- not the style you are looking for. They are American Made. The Red Wing boots have also treated me well. Red Wing offers both American Made boots that are on their high end and sourced boots that are more competitive in price. You won’t go wrong with either in my opinion.
If I was ordering off a website and couldn’t try them on I’d go Chips. I think they tend to run a little truer to length and width with regards to my foot.

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #4  
I've had a pair of climbing boots of each and I much preferred the Chippewa's, I thought I would never wear them out, the only other better pair of climbing boots I had were Wesco's.

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #5  
I get this boot , I get 1 or 2 years out of them I wear them 24/7 Red Wing STYLE #4417
Men's LoggerMax

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing?
I now wear the Red Wing 952 below. It's a nice boot, American made and I like it a lot. Sometimes it's a little tiring and hard on the feet.
Men's 952 Electrical Hazard SuperSole<sup>(R)</sup> 6-inch Boot | Red Wing Work Boots

Here's the comparable Chippewa. It's basically $120 more but I'm told they are much easier on the feet after a long day.
CHIPPEWA BOOTS #191G47 SMITH TAN 6

If I bought the Chippewa, I can buy it at LL Bean for less money and have their great return policy if something goes wrong.

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #7  
Does the sole on the chip look thinner? Just making sure it’s the type of sole you want.

Does the sole on the chip look thinner? Just making sure it’s the type of sole you want.

Sole looks good. My for use these boots is dry weather, medium duty ag and field use and around the house. They will never get more than a little wet, if that and no woods or hills, swamps, etc.

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #9  
As is stated in post #3, made in USA or not? For comparison purposes I have found big difference between where they are made. USA boots to me are better. Bob

As is stated in post #3, made in USA or not? For comparison purposes I have found big difference between where they are made. USA boots to me are better. Bob

Made in USA.