Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing?

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #11  
I can't remember if I ever wore Chippewa boots other than maybe a pair of logger boots, But I could never get a pair of Red Wings to last more than 6 months without coming apart. Either the heel would tear loose from the leather upper, or the toe would delaminate from the base material.

Funny, I've worn Red Wing's for decades. I think I've had my oldest pair resoled twice, I'm sure they're at least 10 years old, and I still use them for hunting (put logger lug sole on them last time). My current work pair is a steel toe, and I've had them for almost 3 years. They are still holding up pretty solid. When I worked in the factory in town (machinist), I bought another pair for that job that needed met-guard protection. That pair got pretty tore up cosmetically from all the steel work, but the structure and the stitching are still solid.

I guess you can turn some guys loose in an empty room with only a plastic hammer and an iron anvil, and they will break the anvil and lose the hammer...

:laughing: :laughing:

/ Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #12  
My wife and I both have Chippewa Snakeproof Boots, they are insanely uncomfortable but there aren't that many options in pull on snakeproof boots, even fewer for ladies so, we wear them because it beats the alternative.

I looked at Redwings recently when I changed from lace-up to pull on work boots, I ended up buying Ariat and have been very happy with them.

Based on my experience, I would say that the Chippewa are very well made boots but, I would not want to wear them all day, every day.

Attachments

• 5965.jpeg
    5965.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 5966.jpeg
    5966.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 52
   / Can anyone compare the quality of Chippewa boots to Red Wing? #13  
I have had Chips for a very long time. Never owned a pair of Redwings. The Chips have worn well and quality has always been excellent. The soles are hard and can make my feet tired at the end of the day if on concrete all the time. 7-8 hours, no problem. 10-12.. and I want them off my feet. They are heavy, but I guess that comes with the package.very thick leather and well built.