Where did the boy scout thread go?

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #1  

buckeyefarmer

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4 BX23
Note to BSA:
When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

The latest move by BSA, to boost falling membership by allowing girls, and removing boy from the name, just cost them a 20% reduction, as the mormon church has dropped out.

For those that don't know, boy scouts is a program, but the boy scouts do not run the troops. Organizations, like churches, elks clubs, lions clubs, etc sponser troops that use the boy scout program. Boy scouts will not exist without sponsoring organizations, yet the sponsoring orgs have no say in the program.

Trail Life USA is a growing alternative program.

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #2  
Note to BSA:
When you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, stop digging.

The latest move by BSA, to boost falling membership by allowing girls, and removing boy from the name, just cost them a 20% reduction, as the mormon church has dropped out.

For those that don't know, boy scouts is a program, but the boy scouts do not run the troops. Organizations, like churches, elks clubs, lions clubs, etc sponser troops that use the boy scout program. Boy scouts will not exist without sponsoring organizations, yet the sponsoring orgs have no say in the program.

Trail Life USA is a growing alternative program.

It looks like, in a manner of speaking, that the Mormon Church just had their say...and pretty loudly, too I suspect!

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #3  
The thread was moved to Friendly Politics.

/ Where did the boy scout thread go?
Why don't they cut out the BS posts and keep it where people can see it. No reason to make it political.

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #5  
Why don't they cut out the BS posts and keep it where people can see it. No reason to make it political.

Dunno ... a moderator would need to answer that question. :confused3:

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #6  

Same place this thread will end up soon enough.

Sad to hear about the Mormons dropping out. They were some of the best leaders in BSA. My son who is now well into his 20s has a lot of respect for Mormons based on his scouting experience.

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #7  
Where's friendly politics :confused:

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #8  
I wondered the same thing. Said I wasn't authorized to view the thread any longer. Should still have the right to voice opinions.

/ Where did the boy scout thread go? #9  
This might get you there:

Click on "My Home" at the top of the page.

Scroll down the left side to "Permission groups."

There are two groups you need to join to see posts: Front Porch and Politics.

(I've joined, so it doesn't show me how to join)

Bruce

/ Where did the boy scout thread go?
It looks like, in a manner of speaking, that the Mormon Church just had their say...and pretty loudly, too I suspect!
Yes, the only way to speak is with your feet.

Unfortunately, most sponsoring orgs spend no time with the troop, and have no clue about how BSA operates. As long as they sign the paperwork, all is well.