Att: all gru's, computer question

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #21  
DCRC said:
The best two things I did for my computer in the last month was get rid of Norton Internet Security (it was expiring anyway) and go to Zone Alarm Sercurity Suite. It's alot simplier and uses less of my computer's resources. (Got it for $39.99 with a $40 rebate at Fry's) you can download the demo at zonelabs.com and try it for 15 days.

Doing this and and reverting back to IE6.
You can simply uninstall IE7 by clicking on "START" then control panel. Click on add/remove programs and removing IE7.

You will need to change you automatic updates setting to "Notify my but don't automatically download and install them.

Where does one change the automatic update settings?

FWIW, I did the remove programs thing with IE7 and still had problems with Quickbooks Pro refusing to run because of IE7, so apparently not all components were removed. (QB has a patch out now). I would love to get rid of it and go bac to 6.xxx The other PCs in our office that sometimes go online do updates but have not, for some reason, changed to IE7.

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #22  
I run Windows XP Pro and use Automatic Update but it's never did the IE7 thing. I'm glad it didn't, since I've read some strange goings on with it.

Just curious though, should it?

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #23  
Hmmm, I have IE 7 running on all three of my computers with absolutely no problems, although I did turn off the phishing filter as it did slow things down a bit........

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #24  
Pineridge you might want to consider holding off on IE7 for now. My wife says it's not debugged yet.

Also another thought is how much ram do you have? Could you possibly add some to help with logging slow problems? Todays computers should have a minimum of 512 mb.

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #26  
Thanks!

/ Att: all gru's, computer question
ByronBob said:
Pineridge you might want to consider holding off on IE7 for now. My wife says it's not debugged yet.

Also another thought is how much ram do you have? Could you possibly add some to help with logging slow problems? Todays computers should have a minimum of 512 mb.

This particular computer is a Pentium 4 running at 3.2 GHZ. with 1 GB of ram.

I would like to go back to IE 6 but when I go to add/remove software IE 7 is not in any of the propagated lists??? I think IE 7 knows I want to delete it and it's lurking in the shadows hiding...... :eek:

Lots of good advice coming out here guys, thanks.....

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #28  
Mike, I just went to the Add or Remove Programs today, found IE7 at the bottom of the list and removed it to go back to IE6.

/ Att: all gru's, computer question
Bird said:
Mike, I just went to the Add or Remove Programs today, found IE7 at the bottom of the list and removed it to go back to IE6.

Bird the computer shows but a few items under name, size, or date last used. Looks like everything else is under frequency of use but there is still no IE listed in any of the lists.

/ Att: all gru's, computer question #30  
That's weird, Mike, but then nearly anything to do with computers is a mystery to me anyway.