Got hit by electric fence.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #11  
When I was a kid we used to walk home from middle school and had a lady with horses in a electric fence. We used to see how long we could hold on it really wasnt that bad once you got past the mental part of it. Not sure what the voltage was but I got to the point where I could hold on for as long as I cared to. Was fun every year when a new kid started walking home and we dared him to grab it. We also used to trade licks with the bamboo stalks growing at the same ladies property who every could take the most licks won. Usually it was a tie between me and my buddy chris who both werent the best kids growing up and both had fathers who knew how to discipline old school style. We came home with some pretty impressive bleeding welps. :/

Now im a electrician and have grown to respect it a little more. Some things we do as kids.....

/ Got hit by electric fence. #12  
I never saw an electric fence until I built my own, and I was never zapped by one until I got too close to my own fence. Hopefully I never grab the wire, but I doubt that I'm that smart.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #13  
I knew a guy that pee'd on one twice in one week. No he did not do it on purpose. both times it was an accident, the first time in the dark and the 2nd he was in the back of an old building and pee'd through the crack and hit it. You should have seen the look in his eyes. Ed

/ Got hit by electric fence. #14  
I helped a buddy install a fancy wooden gate in a walled garden in Upstate NY some years ago, on a 600 acre estate that employed 6 full time groundskeepers. The property was enclosed by a 9' "invisible" wire fence, to keep deer out. They had fenced it, and left a corner open. An army of "beaters" marched thru the woods to drive all the deer out, and they closed the corner. I was told that anything less than 9' wouldn't work to keep the vermin out. The neighbors got a slight increase in their deer population, I guess.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #15  
Relative in Mississippi grows a couple of acres of watermelons which the deer LOVE.

His solution is a single strand of electric fence and peanut butter. Put the peanut butter on the fence wire (smear sum in a glove, run the wire through the glove). The deer love peanut butter. They take a lick and get a hefty shock, and are smart enough to not try a second time.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #16  
Add me to the list of victims who accidently took a leak on an electric fence. Probably 35 years ago I was out near the barn after dark and didn't realize I was that close to the fence. WOW! that got my attention.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #17  
I was foolish enough to run a Tough Mudder a year and a half ago. The last obstacle is a muddy spot with some rows of bales to step over and a bunch of hanging strands of the plastic fence wire hooked up to a fencer. The ground connection is so good through the mud it is pretty much impossible to stay on your feet when it hits you.

/ Got hit by electric fence. #18  
Worst I was hit was squirrel hunting as a kid. Was walking through wet weeds and was soaked up to about my thigh. Backed into the fence and sort of fell into it. It burned me good enough it left a big whelt. I let out a holler, my dad didn't know what had happened he just heard me beller. We had a good laugh after but man that hurt like a SOG.:laughing:

/ Got hit by electric fence. #19  
I've been zapped a few times but once while walking through a pasture gate that used to have a mud bog at the entrance, I slipped and palmed the poly tape to keep from falling. I made a noise I did not think I was capable of making. Sure it hurt, I took a knee for a moment. The good news is nobody witnessed this! Lol

/ Got hit by electric fence. #20  
When I was a kid working on a farm, we used to test the electric fences all the time by touching the fence with a blade of grass in our fingers. You'd just get a slight tingle rather than the full hit.