B7800 w/bucket grapple+carry-all at work-firewood

/ B7800 w/bucket grapple+carry-all at work-firewood
KB4330 said:
Very nice indeed. What brand of bucket grapple is that or did you make it yourself?

KB

KB-here's my thread on the grapple install along with pictures

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...47#post1148747

I have a WR Long electric valve kit that I bought from Carver Equip for US $600. I bought my grapple from Andy Tatro in Ohio for US$435.

I had considered getting Payne bolt in forks along with the logging extensions and stabilzers. All that would have cost me $500 or so. In talking with my neighbours (all who are loggers or sell firewood) they all urged me to go with the grapple. For my needs, moving rocks and logs, the grapple was the way to go. Prior to the grapple I found, even with the toothbar, that I kept pushing everything I was trying to pick-up. Now I just drive up, tilt the bucket downwards a touch until I figure I have the teeth under what I am picking up, close the grapple and then curl the bucket. 90% of the time I can't see what I am picking up but it doesn't matter.

/ B7800 w/bucket grapple+carry-all at work-firewood #12  
Northland said:
KB-here's my thread on the grapple install along with pictures

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...47#post1148747

I have a WR Long electric valve kit that I bought from Carver Equip for US $600. I bought my grapple from Andy Tatro in Ohio for US$435.

I had considered getting Payne bolt in forks along with the logging extensions and stabilzers. All that would have cost me $500 or so. In talking with my neighbours (all who are loggers or sell firewood) they all urged me to go with the grapple. For my needs, moving rocks and logs, the grapple was the way to go. Prior to the grapple I found, even with the toothbar, that I kept pushing everything I was trying to pick-up. Now I just drive up, tilt the bucket downwards a touch until I figure I have the teeth under what I am picking up, close the grapple and then curl the bucket. 90% of the time I can't see what I am picking up but it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the info, I guess I should have looked at your sig line for the grapple. It looks like just what I need for my bucket as well. Man I can see that thing coming in very handy for 90% of the stuff I do. I also appreciate the link to your install thread as I will probably need to do some fab work when mounting mine.

Thanks again for taking the time.

KB

Last edited: