Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,521  
Now that you mentioned it, I remember when we could plan on sledding for many weeks in a row. Since I built a heated cab for this winter it's really disappointing to be snowless. I'd post a pic of my snow weapon, but the grass is so green it's laughable.
Nice cab:thumbsup: Read your post about the design and build, great job!!! Too bad the winters don't give you a chance to test it's limits!!

So I remember in the early 90's (not that long ago, right?) living in a area of heavy snow on top of Blue Mountain where the road graders with v-blades and wings would pile the banks 15' high on my road, and I could stand on the top and look down on the grader's roof of the cab.... my friends living there now say there is less than a foot of snow on the ground.... What happened??

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,522  
I was checking the upper part of Michigan and saw that the average was as you say....looking at the photo, I wonder, how do you keep a roadway open.... go at it every fews hours to stay ahead? Letting it fill in overnight would be disasterous, wouldn't it:eek:

Most of the time it is not too bad, but there are times when the county and state will pull the plow trucks off the roads. That is when you don't want to be out. Blowing and drifting is the bad part. This year the first snowfall was 24-26" of heavy wet snow. About 5 years ago we got 38" in about 4 hours! It covered my fresh air intake for my furnace and that was nice to wake up to at 4:00 am, no heat!! The storm of 1978-79 you could touch alot of the power lines, scarey, most of the roads were impassible for 5+ days. I really do miss stuff like that. CJ

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,523  
This is what I'm using now on both tractors Only difference is that the implements on the 4720 are 72" and on the 5105M it's 80"

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,524  
Nice cab:thumbsup: Read your post about the design and build, great job!!! Too bad the winters don't give you a chance to test it's limits!!

So I remember in the early 90's (not that long ago, right?) living in a area of heavy snow on top of Blue Mountain where the road graders with v-blades and wings would pile the banks 15' high on my road, and I could stand on the top and look down on the grader's roof of the cab.... my friends living there now say there is less than a foot of snow on the ground.... What happened??

Doe,

We just got 2.5 ft on Tuesday. But yea I remember riding snowmobiles on the "shelves" they made winging back the high banks wow that was awesome.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,525  
Doe,

We just got 2.5 ft on Tuesday. But yea I remember riding snowmobiles on the "shelves" they made winging back the high banks wow that was awesome.
I'm so jealous:D We live in an area where the snowmobile trails open the earliest and close the lastest during each winter season.....except for the last few years:thumbdown: I'll bet you had fun clearing snow this week:thumbsup:

I've been looking at a Meyers salt spreader from Home Depot that attaches to the 2" receiver on the back of a pick-up truck.... does anyone know if it's worth trying? Not sure if the unit is good value, or if there are better options out there in the market.... I'm thinking that I need to consider spreading sand/salt mix seeing as there isn't much snow!!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,526  
This is what I'm using now on both tractors Only difference is that the implements on the 4720 are 72" and on the 5105M it's 80"

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

Nice photos!! The bucket is well designed for back-blading, making it very versatile:thumbsup: The blower looks pretty heavy-duty.... have you had a chance to use them yet?

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,527  
I'm loving that snow bucket also! Might have to look for something like that for my tractor.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,528  
I'm loving that snow bucket also! Might have to look for something like that for my tractor.

x3......

I've often wondered if mounting and modifying a small box blade for the FEL would do the trick

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,529  
Put both pairs of tire chains on the mog today, hoping we will get some snow Monday and Monday night.

IMG_2543.jpgIMG_2544.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,530  
Put both pairs of tire chains on the mog today, hoping we will get some snow Monday and Monday night.

View attachment 299964View attachment 299965

That is one crazy awesome machine you have there. I live in N. Georgia now and we just don't get snow. Was raised in N. Illinois and I always remembered snow as a kid. Was up there this last week and they had 1" in Chicago for, get this, the first time in 355 days. Things do change.

MarkV