Chain selection and plow chosen for my tractor

/ Chain selection and plow chosen for my tractor
r40kh,

Thanks for the description, can you say what you mean by the crossover valve operating easily when contacting the snowbank? Are you referring to the plow's moldboard moving to the right if already angled left, or something different?
How 'bout some close up pics of the mounted plow?
What HP is your rig?
I hear the rained on thing- I just plowed yesterday for about 3 hours cleaning up from past storms; today it's all washing away. It was 60 degrees F today!!:duh:
Now that I bought the plow it probably won't snow for years!!

/ Chain selection and plow chosen for my tractor #22  
Coyote Machine

You're right about the crossover relief valve, most of the time it's not an issue but if you're trying to move some hard packed snow ...blade angled right...hit the bank and blade goes left. Again, it's a safety feature so it's probably a good thing. Don't have a recent photo of the hook up but it's the euro style QA coupler common with Kubota. On and off in a few minutes. The only thing I did differenent was to have the dealer put the power angle on the joystick, I don't have a third function so they did something in the control valve to allow me to do this. By doing this I couldn't curl from the joystick so we plumbed that to one of my rear remotes. Depending on what conditions I'm plowing in I'll normally set the curl with the blade an inch or so off the ground sitting back on the shoes and plow with the loader in the float position. The tractor has 72 HP ( 62 on the PTO) Oh yeah..it's 14 degrees C here this morning with very little snow left. I live beside a ski hill and they haven't been able to open for even one day as yet. Tractor is going on 2 years old and still have only 70 hrs on it and the blower was only used once. Crazy weather up here!!

/ Chain selection and plow chosen for my tractor #23  
Are there different settings or models of those crossover valves so you can chose how much pressure it takes to open it. With the working pressure of the tractors hydraulics being 3000 psi or so I would think that you would want it to hold 3500 before it opened?
38Degs F here this morning and raining hard. High winds to boot and expected to drop right back to normal 20F highs by tomorrow noon with scattered snow flurries all weekend. Less then a foot of snow left in the woods right now.

/ Chain selection and plow chosen for my tractor #24  
I'm sure you can probably adjust the relief settings but I just never bothered checking as to how that is done. Again, not that big of an issue more of an annoyance. It's now 15 degrees here, nothing but mud and no snow left, last week we had wind chills of -30. Yo yo weather for sure.