Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor?

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #1  

fivepoint

Tractor
2014 New Holland T4.75
Hello everyone - thanks for your expertise and advice!

I have a new 2014 New Holland T4.75 and I'm looking to possibly purchase snowblower in the next few weeks. The machine is 79" wide.

The property I'm managing has 1/2 mile worth of driveway.

IMG_6967.jpg

I'm looking for recommendations on brand/size/features I should be looking for, and prices I might expect to find.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #2  
I'd go for a 7 footer (84") I'm running 78" on way less power.

Of course you want hydraulic chute and spout flap if you have dual remotes. I priced brand new blowers a few years ago, you are probably around the $3k mark for one that size.

As for brand? I'd start with what you can buy local from dealer inventory. Not really much to a blower.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #3  
this is where I got my blower (Darren.Collins@sales-unlimited.com>) its loader mount with pto hydraulic pump and reservoir. expensive ! probably 12 grand or so but I never intend to replace again in my lifetime. Made in minesota company is Skid Steer Attachments / Tractor Attachments to fit all brands - Quick Attach Attachments LLC they were great to work with and since your in Iowa not far as the crow flys. I have used it this winter for the first time ( several snow falls ) it has worked awesome and I do not have to look over my shoulder to do the job.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #5  
You basically have three choices. A front mount blower like cruz describes - a rear mount blower - a rear blade. I used a rear mount blower on my previous tractor for years and it was OK but with my mile long driveway it was, literally, a real pain in the neck. My Kubota is big enough that I can plow the snow and widen the frozen berms with just a heavy duty rear blade. Your tractor would be able to clear your driveway with a heavy duty rear blade. There is very little else you can do with a snow blower than blow snow - - a rear blade is a multi-use implement, much cheaper and, for sure, a lot less maintenance. Just my $0.02.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #6  
I don't think anyone has mentioned the rear mount pull snow blower.
Folks that got them like them. I don't know anything about them,
I have been using a rear mount push blower for the past 9 years.
I would rather have the rear mount than a front mount because it allows me to have use of my bucket, in case I have frozen snow banks to deal with.
Or to carry sand to take care of icy driveway areas.
I think the rear mounts are also built a little better, they are usually heavier than the equal sized front mount blower.
Comparing the front and rear mounts that would work on my tractor, the rear mounts usually have a bigger impeller blade 24" diameter compared to a front mount blower with an 18" diameter impeller.
Usually a larger diameter impeller will throw snow a greater distance that a smaller diameter impeller.

Last edited:
   / Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #7  
With "your" machine, I would go with a rear pull blower, the width of your machine.
Keep the bucket on the front or a plow setup in the future.
The cost of a rear pull will be a little more cash, as for brand, do some research on the brands that are available in your area.
There are allot of good videos on youtube for rear pull's, check them out.:thumbsup:

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #8  
I'd look at the width of the driveway and shoot for a pass down and a pass back. We are often removing snow that is not deep so it is not that critical to the width as if it was two or three foot of snow.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #9  
I bought the MK Martin [meteor] 68" pull type [for a deere 3046r/cab]. They are a Canadian company and this 68" is probably the smallest they sell.
I have 1 3/4 miles of dead-end private road to clear, and a few short driveways - ok - you could consider the whole thing my driveway since I live at the end of it... ;)
Deere didn't have their front-mount available [mount plate issue] when I bought the machine, and I refuse to drive backwards that far.
Other loader/power pack types were beyond my price. Also, the pull type is less expensive than Deere's front mount.