Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor?

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #21  
Hey Ben, that video is a favorite of mine. You do a good job!

Thank you Steve. For the record, and for anyone who watches that video, i let that driveway sit, un-blown, for more than a week because the owners were gone. I wanted to do a video showing how easy the Normand makes it look. That drive normally takes about a minute and twenty seconds to do. Not the 8+ minutes in the video. The deepest part of the drift was about 36" deep. :)

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #22  
Whoa! I didn't watch the video but it must be a VERY short driveway. When I used to blow the driveway with a rear mounted blower it took the better part of three hours. The driveway is exactly one mile long and I also cleared about 100 feet around the mail box. Stiff neck was the order for the following two or three days.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #23  
I also recommend a pull-type rear blower. I have a MK Martin Meteor 75" on my DK35SE HST. It is rated at only 27HP or so PTO but has no trouble with it. Your tractor can handle anything you'd want to put on it. The MK Meteor pull-type blowers also offer a rear blade option. They are cheaper than the heavier, commercial quality Normand and Pronovost blowers.

I also considered Lucknow and Erskine when looking for a blower. I thought Erskine looked heavier built than the Meteor or Lucknow.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #24  
Whoa! I didn't watch the video but it must be a VERY short driveway. When I used to blow the driveway with a rear mounted blower it took the better part of three hours. The driveway is exactly one mile long and I also cleared about 100 feet around the mail box. Stiff neck was the order for the following two or three days.

That is one of the shortest we do. I do a drive that's about 1000 feet long 12'-14' wide with about a 150' long turnaround, and a 5 stall garage, with a 50'x100' parking area in front of the garages, and it takes me 12 minutes or so in 4" of snow. That takes me a couple hours because there is about 60 drives to do... some 3 stall and some two stall.

i would say a mile of 14' width would take less than 30 minutes for sure...

We have a development with 3 miles of roads that i clear in 4 passes. That takes me 4 hours or less on an average snow fall. Sometimes i send a truck through to make one pass in and out of each road. Then i blow the last 6 or 8 feet as i blow the drives.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #25  
I also recommend a pull-type rear blower. I have a MK Martin Meteor 75" on my DK35SE HST. It is rated at only 27HP or so PTO but has no trouble with it. Your tractor can handle anything you'd want to put on it. The MK Meteor pull-type blowers also offer a rear blade option. They are cheaper than the heavier, commercial quality Normand and Pronovost blowers.

I also considered Lucknow and Erskine when looking for a blower. I thought Erskine looked heavier built than the Meteor or Lucknow.

I'd be careful with the Erskine pull blowers. I've spoke to contractors that didn't even get 1 season out of them before they were welding on them to brace them up. I do know guys that have had good luck with the other brands you mentioned though. When it comes to snowblowers pretty much the Canadian companies do it better.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #26  
I didn't get a normand, but i did just buy a Lucknow inverted/pulltype blower. I've had rear mount blowers for close to 15 yrs. we do get a decent amount of snow up here in Maine. This pull type works awesome, even in the deep snow. Quicker, easier all around better. Wished i'd got a pull type 15 yrs ago....I would have never looked back.....thats a pain in the neck. BTW, it's a 7 1/2 ft pull type mounted on a NH TN75.

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #27  
I didn't get a normand, but i did just buy a Lucknow inverted/pulltype blower. I've had rear mount blowers for close to 15 yrs. we do get a decent amount of snow up here in Maine. This pull type works awesome, even in the deep snow. Quicker, easier all around better. Wished i'd got a pull type 15 yrs ago....I would have never looked back.....thats a pain in the neck. BTW, it's a 7 1/2 ft pull type mounted on a NH TN75.

We're going to need some pictures. :)

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #28  
For those who like their pull-type blower, a question: How critical is 4WD to a pull type? Seems it would be, having to potentially pull the blower through deep snow?

/ Best Blower for a 75HP Tractor? #29  
For those who like their pull-type blower, a question: How critical is 4WD to a pull type? Seems it would be, having to potentially pull the blower through deep snow?

Definitely going to want 4 wheel drive.