Snow Attachments Which Implement

/ Which Implement #11  
With that much snow to move around and the size tractor you are talking about - you will loose traction trying to blade it off your driveway. The berms will get so high - no matter how fast you go - you won't be able to get the snow up and over the berm.

The answer is a blower. Its slower, for sure, but you will be able to put the snow EXACTLY where you want it.

Don't worry about using a blower with an open station tractor. I have a mile long gravel driveway and for 27 years I used a blower behind my Ford 1710. I cleared the mail box area, my driveway and the yard. All tolled - about three and a half to four hours of blowing. You have to dress for the weather - I can't ever remember going out to blow snow in my shorts and T-shirt.

/ Which Implement #12  
With that sized tractor and 140" of snow;a snow blower is called for no doubt.No way is a push box going to work(for long) and a snow-plow(FEL mounted) would be a second choice.

/ Which Implement #13  
Specing out a new tractor either 1025r or 2025r and trying to decide between a blower and a push box. I live in upstate NY and get about 140 of snow a year.

I preferred the easy solution .... Move SOUTH !!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

/ Which Implement #14  
I have a 400 paved driveway with a large parking area by my garage. I致e been plowing with my four wheeler for the past two winters and push the banks way back and always start to run out of room during the big March storms. Leaning towards a blower to clear the snow that falls of the garage roof leaving banks so high that it holds the snow on the roof when they get built up. Kind of like the idea of a rear blower for big snow and a push box for regular snow falls.

If you have been keeping it cleared with an ATV then a tractor with a FEL will do you just fine, the blower would be a bonus. I haven't used a push box so I can't give you clear advice on that. The snow coming off the roof would be my bigger concern though as I have delt with that quite a bit. For that I used both the FEL and blower but mainly the blower. Just be sure to move it quick before it freezes in place.

Basically, do this,
Blowing Snow.JPG
Before it turns into this,
Front Walk 4309 003.jpg
These pictures are of a place I owned/lived at for 35 years, sold it last year.

Attachments

• House and Tractor Pics 002.jpg
    House and Tractor Pics 002.jpg
    860.2 KB · Views: 78
   / Which Implement #15  
Don't waste your money on a snow pusher, your going to run out of traction/adhesion very very very quickly.
Invest in a front end loader if you do anything if you can afford it. you will have more use for for the front end loader clearing snow that you cannot clear safely with the Pronovost TRC800
After using the snow pusher the snow will melt and then refreeze and then become even more difficult to clear.
You should look at the 2025R and the Pronovost TRC800 with the rotating impeller drum to dispose of heavy wet snows rather than a standard rear mount. your close enough tot he border to purchase one from Paul Vanderzon Deneigement Vanderzon at much less cost due to the exchange rate and he can deliver it to you.
The rotating impeller drum allows you to dispose of the heavy wet snows quickly without depending on the chute and spout.
There are several videos on youtube and at least 2 here on the forum showing the Pronovost TRC models clearing heavy wet snows and dense snowpack.

Edit:

The other thing you must understand is that the snow pusher will create huge amounts of force that are transmitted through the loader arms and that will stress and bend them over time.

The loader frames and buckets for farm tractors are ment for gathering loose materials like small volumes of straw packed manure, loose sand and gravel and snow.

If I'm not mistaken, the snowblower recommended above, weighs more than the 3 point hitch lift capacity of even the 2025R?

/ Which Implement #16  
According to Tractor Data the rear lift will carry 1433 pounds at the ends of the lower links
and 1150 pounds at 24 inches.

Chains on front and rear tires, rear tires loaded with windshield washer fluid and a rain canopy and he will be all set as long as he
dresses well and has amber goggles for daytime use.

OH and I almost forgot the fender AM FM radio.

If he invests in the speed increaser (provided the power band can be maintained) for the impeller it will be a real whoop a** snow removal tool along with the front end loader as long as he has 2 sets of remotes for the chute rotation hydraulic circuit and the impeller housing rotation circuit.

/ Which Implement #17  
I preferred the easy solution .... Move SOUTH !!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
No! We have bugs and humidity and it's not that great here. Stay up north.

/ Which Implement #18  
According to Tractor Data the rear lift will carry 1433 pounds at the ends of the lower links
and 1150 pounds at 24 inches.

Chains on front and rear tires, rear tires loaded with windshield washer fluid and a rain canopy and he will be all set as long as he
dresses well and has amber goggles for daytime use.

OH and I almost forgot the fender AM FM radio.

If he invests in the speed increaser (provided the power band can be maintained) for the impeller it will be a real whoop a** snow removal tool along with the front end loader as long as he has 2 sets of remotes for the chute rotation hydraulic circuit and the impeller housing rotation circuit.

For some reason I’m not finding it on their website, but doesn’t the TRC800 weigh about 1,200lbs?

/ Which Implement #19  
The TRC-P-720 weighs in at 841 pounds, I was wrong, as they have apparently eliminated the TRC P-800 model.

Big whoopsy on my part as I had the old Pronovost catalog link until a couple of months ago.

The speed increaser is not available for the TRC-P-720.

/ Which Implement #20  
The TRC-P-720 weighs in at 841 pounds, I was wrong, as they have apparently eliminated the TRC P-800 model.

Big whoopsy on my part as I had the old Pronovost catalog link until a couple of months ago.

The speed increaser is not available for the TRC-P-720.