Snow Attachments Which Implement

/ Which Implement #1  

Llewellyn78

Tractor
Searching...
Specing out a new tractor either 1025r or 2025r and trying to decide between a blower and a push box. I live in upstate NY and get about 140 of snow a year.

/ Which Implement #2  
Last edited:
   / Which Implement #3  
Blower vs push box has a lot to do with your property. I’m on the side of a hill and have places to lose a lot of snow with my blade....just push it off the edge- this is the same reason I’d take my blade over a push box. If you don’t have the room and or are in some type tight spot then a blower makes more sense. The blower is more expensive to buy and maintain and in general slower. However, if you need a blower, you need a blower....and not much else will work.

/ Which Implement
I have a 400’ paved driveway with a large parking area by my garage. I’ve been plowing with my four wheeler for the past two winters and push the banks way back and always start to run out of room during the big March storms. Leaning towards a blower to clear the snow that falls of the garage roof leaving banks so high that it holds the snow on the roof when they get built up. Kind of like the idea of a rear blower for big snow and a push box for regular snow falls.

/ Which Implement #5  
Depending on the blower you plan on getting, you might get away with not even needing a pusher. Being that close to the Canadian border look at brands like Normand, MK Martin or even Agrimetal. Might be a good idea to check out the end of season sales right now since the currency exchange was working in your favor for some time.

/ Which Implement #6  
Don't waste your money on a snow pusher, your going to run out of traction/adhesion very very very quickly.
Invest in a front end loader if you do anything if you can afford it. you will have more use for for the front end loader clearing snow that you cannot clear safely with the Pronovost TRC800
After using the snow pusher the snow will melt and then refreeze and then become even more difficult to clear.
You should look at the 2025R and the Pronovost TRC800 with the rotating impeller drum to dispose of heavy wet snows rather than a standard rear mount. your close enough tot he border to purchase one from Paul Vanderzon Deneigement Vanderzon at much less cost due to the exchange rate and he can deliver it to you.
The rotating impeller drum allows you to dispose of the heavy wet snows quickly without depending on the chute and spout.
There are several videos on youtube and at least 2 here on the forum showing the Pronovost TRC models clearing heavy wet snows and dense snowpack.

Edit:

The other thing you must understand is that the snow pusher will create huge amounts of force that are transmitted through the loader arms and that will stress and bend them over time.

The loader frames and buckets for farm tractors are ment for gathering loose materials like small volumes of straw packed manure, loose sand and gravel and snow.

Last edited:
   / Which Implement #8  
Blower vs push box has a lot to do with your property. I’m on the side of a hill and have places to lose a lot of snow with my blade....just push it off the edge- this is the same reason I’d take my blade over a push box. If you don’t have the room and or are in some type tight spot then a blower makes more sense. The blower is more expensive to buy and maintain and in general slower. However, if you need a blower, you need a blower....and not much else will work.

Exactly. If you have a place to put it you will be golden with a push-box or a plow. If you don't that 140" of snow will soon be shrinking your environment greatly. I use a blade and a blower but the blower really gets the snow into the woods and out of the way. Sure, if it's windy it can be more than a bit uncomfortable but that is not usual here.

/ Which Implement #9  
I have a 400’ paved driveway with a large parking area by my garage. I’ve been plowing with my four wheeler for the past two winters and push the banks way back and always start to run out of room during the big March storms. Leaning towards a blower to clear the snow that falls of the garage roof leaving banks so high that it holds the snow on the roof when they get built up. Kind of like the idea of a rear blower for big snow and a push box for regular snow falls.

I thought you are on the right track! Sounds like an excellent plan- best of both worlds

/ Which Implement #10  
Just thought of something else, this plow has manually pivoting wings, meaning you can pull one side back and direct the snow in one direction without needing any hydraulics. Mcfadden and Sons in Sharon Springs and they can give you pricing.

Cotech