028 WB chain saw

/ 028 WB chain saw #11  
Non-ethanol gas in and of itself is not going to make the saw run, something else is wrong (assuming the mix that is in there is not old.) Howerever, gas with ethanol will deteriorate hoses, filters, and diaphragms over time....and produce same symptom you are experiencing.

Right, I understand that. The theme of ethanol in gasoline contributing to problems keeps coming up, but I don't recall anyone advising on where to find non-ethanol gasoline for sale short of marinas or airports.

/ 028 WB chain saw #12  
Right, I understand that. The theme of ethanol in gasoline contributing to problems keeps coming up, but I don't recall anyone advising on where to find non-ethanol gasoline for sale short of marinas or airports.

I'd really concentrate on the screen before you worry about the gas. I have an 038 Stihl that runs just fine on the present gasoline. Not to say this can't cause a problem but its like chasing cancer when you present with the sniffles. One thing (and the most likely thing) at a time.

/ 028 WB chain saw #13  
What is a 028 wb chainsaw?

/ 028 WB chain saw #15  
Thanks,man,thats some termiology ,,I got two echos and a poulin,you can see where that sthil terminology might confuse me.

/ 028 WB chain saw #16  
Stihl "AV" is Anti-Vibration. The even series saws from Stil are usually Pro versions. Odd series are homeowner. Ie, 026(older series) or 260(new series) are pro version. 025/250 are homeowner

/ 028 WB chain saw #17  
there are 2 stations in my town of about 1000 that have ethanol free gas.

and you say the ethanol will not affect the running, maybe true on paper or where ever you heard it. In my saw it definately wouldn't run. As soon as I changed over it ran, thats my study proved by me.

/ 028 WB chain saw #18  
there are 2 stations in my town of about 1000 that have ethanol free gas.

and you say the ethanol will not affect the running, maybe true on paper or where ever you heard it. In my saw it definately wouldn't run. As soon as I changed over it ran, thats my study proved by me.

Belated "Welcome aboard" and where in N. Mississippi?

I've got land around Fulton and just bought a house in Fulton. I noticed 1 station selling av gas in Belmont, and would like to know of other sources.