06 chevy 4x4 center cap problems

/ 06 chevy 4x4 center cap problems
checked through a dealer. around $125.00 each. way to much for my pocket book. lost one and the other 3 loose too. so found some on e-bay about $50.00 to get it here. used but it looked like a new one. seems like there should be something that you could put on the threads that would hold them on and still be able to take them off without busting the plastic nut.

/ 06 chevy 4x4 center cap problems #12  
I replaced my big rims and tires with stock rims. They didn't come with caps. I looked on e-bay any any other sight listed in a google search. I bought replacements through one of the largest (don't remember their name) replacement cap online store. I bought all four. I drive on bumpy dirt roads for miles at least twice a week. I never had a problem with my caps. The plastic lug nuts have not become loose. I admit, the few times I wash my truck, I gently kick at the nuts straight in with the toe of my tennis shoe. That is the total maintenance on my caps to date. Almost 2 years and they still look and stay on. All four were $80, at most $90. I didn't break a hundred.

seems like mine just loosened up overnight..

/ 06 chevy 4x4 center cap problems #14  
The plastic nuts just snap out of the housing. You can buy them online or at Napa autozone etc. sounds like yours are worn out. Just get online and order a complete set and if you want to get the center cap also. The center cap is just for looks. The plastic nuts actually serve a purpose. You have open ended lug nuts. With out the protection of the plastic nut the studs and lug nuts are susceptible to rust. Seen it happen many times. Just snug them by hand with a socket.

does this form still exist?