/ 1,000 Hour Mark #11  
Oil and filters are cheap insurance.
Bob

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #12  
Oil and filters are cheap insurance.
Bob

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #13  
WILL,
I change the oil and filter on my 23 at 50 too. cheap insurance,to keep an engine like new.Congrats on 1000.I wouldnt hesitate to by a used peice of machinery from you.
ALAN

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #14  
WILL,
I change the oil and filter on my 23 at 50 too. cheap insurance,to keep an engine like new.Congrats on 1000.I wouldnt hesitate to by a used peice of machinery from you.
ALAN

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #15  
I plan to follow my manual to a tee with oil changes, not less often, and not more often, than recommended. We all got used to changing the oil on our car every 3,000 miles. Then they improved both oil and the way engines used oil so that many cars (including mine) recommend oil changes every 10,000 miles. I will change the oil on mine about every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, but if it goes to 7,000 I won't worry about it. Of course, I check my oil on my car every couple of weeks, and if it starts to look pretty dark, I'll change it sooner.

So, with the tractor, I check the oil every couple of hours of running time. So far, with 36 hours on it, it is just beginning to degrade. I think I'll be fine until 50. I also assume that the oil will degrade quicker during its break-in period than it will down the road (for a while). I think my manual states an oil change at 50, 100, and then every 100 hours. I've already got the oil and filters for the first two, so I should be good for this year and a good chunk of next year.

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #16  
I plan to follow my manual to a tee with oil changes, not less often, and not more often, than recommended. We all got used to changing the oil on our car every 3,000 miles. Then they improved both oil and the way engines used oil so that many cars (including mine) recommend oil changes every 10,000 miles. I will change the oil on mine about every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, but if it goes to 7,000 I won't worry about it. Of course, I check my oil on my car every couple of weeks, and if it starts to look pretty dark, I'll change it sooner.

So, with the tractor, I check the oil every couple of hours of running time. So far, with 36 hours on it, it is just beginning to degrade. I think I'll be fine until 50. I also assume that the oil will degrade quicker during its break-in period than it will down the road (for a while). I think my manual states an oil change at 50, 100, and then every 100 hours. I've already got the oil and filters for the first two, so I should be good for this year and a good chunk of next year.

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #17  
The oil in a diesel will get dark much faster than a gas engine. It's just the nature of the beast and means the detergents are doing their job. No need to change it just because it goes dark. Pick the hours you want to change at. Are you a 1/2 factory guy, a right on man, or a gutsy push it over type? It's all your choice.

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #18  
The oil in a diesel will get dark much faster than a gas engine. It's just the nature of the beast and means the detergents are doing their job. No need to change it just because it goes dark. Pick the hours you want to change at. Are you a 1/2 factory guy, a right on man, or a gutsy push it over type? It's all your choice.

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #19  
I figure running in 65 degree weather, doing light mowing is a whole lot easier on oil than running a two bottom plow in 100 degree weather at full throttle. I would adjust my oil change interval based upon light duty versus heavy duty. I use hours to give me an idea of when to change and assume that the hours suggested by the manufacturer are based upon light duty, not heavy duty.
Bob

/ 1,000 Hour Mark #20  
I figure running in 65 degree weather, doing light mowing is a whole lot easier on oil than running a two bottom plow in 100 degree weather at full throttle. I would adjust my oil change interval based upon light duty versus heavy duty. I use hours to give me an idea of when to change and assume that the hours suggested by the manufacturer are based upon light duty, not heavy duty.
Bob