1 inch label makers

/ 1 inch label makers #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
Since I went from a few toolboxes, with none having more than 3 drawers, and LOTS of tools scattered around on benches, in buckets etc. to many toolboxes
tool-chests.jpg

with a lot of drawers I've been looking for a labeling method so when I tell SWMBO or offspring to look for a tool like the small vice grips they might be able to find it within a day without going through every drawer.

So I've tried magnetic labels, they fall off, and handwritten labels are ok but I'd like something neater.

I've looked at the Brother PTD600 , it'll do 1" wide labels which is my main criteria.

Anybody else use one? Any other suggestions for a label maker I can hook up to w/ my laptop and print 1" wide adhesive labels?

/ 1 inch label makers #2  
I have but not 1" label tho,and labels are still sticking all these years.

/ 1 inch label makers #3  
We use one of the 1/2" tape Brothers for lots of stuff. The font is selectable size, and you can get black-on-clear, white-on-clear, black-on-white, and white-on-black tapes. Really easy to see from quite a distance in the large fonts.

/ 1 inch label makers #4  
I have one very similar to the one you mentioned. Your going to find out the label maker is the cheap part of labeling. Tapes expensive.

/ 1 inch label makers #5  
I have a P-Touch, but it only goes to 3/4" I believe. Works great and can be hooked to the PC via USB if desired. You can save the label files on the unit itself. Also will print labels for wires and cable marking.

/ 1 inch label makers #6  
I use a "DYMO" LabelWriter 450. Bought it at an electronics/stationary store years ago and it still works great (including software updates, which are few & far between). Used one during various 'shore postings' whilst in the Navy for addressing letters & correspondence.

It still comes in handy during Christmas card season (multiple return addresses, etc...)

/ 1 inch label makers #7  
   / 1 inch label makers #8  
We had a p touch industrial labeler at my old job. It did 1" tape. They stuck well and never came off. In fact, they were hard to remove. So consider that. Also, as someone else mentioned, the replacement tapes can be expensive. Also, they offer colored tape, and clear tape. Very handy for certain applications.

/ 1 inch label makers #9  
They have white ink on clear and black ink on clear. Both are handy.

/ 1 inch label makers
I have one very similar to the one you mentioned. Your going to find out the label maker is the cheap part of labeling. Tapes expensive.
Yup, like razor blades and razors.

If you have a printer, how about something along these lines? I've also seen similar sheets advertised elsewhere that they claim are for inkjet printers.

Laser Labels, Printable Laser Labels in Stock - ULINE.ca - Uline
I've done that for decades, but I wanted something I could easily carry around and use with or without a computer. This can run on AA batteries which I always have on hand.

We had a p touch industrial labeler at my old job. It did 1" tape. They stuck well and never came off. In fact, they were hard to remove. So consider that. Also, as someone else mentioned, the replacement tapes can be expensive. Also, they offer colored tape, and clear tape. Very handy for certain applications.
Yeah, I figure I may require two rolls of tape just to get started with the toolboxes I showed, that will cost almost as much as the PT-D600 itself.

Further thought - it seems they have some labels designed for labeling cables. There goes another several rolls!