#1 Reason I love IR Cameras

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #1  

john_bud

Some may recall that I have some issues with a land lease to an individual that turned out to be a guide. Sadly, there are other issues on my other patch of dirt. I have a neighbor that likes to sing. His favorite song is, "This land is my land" or at least he acts like my land is his land. In the past I was more direct and spoke to him and his drunken buddies about not driving on my land, hunting on it, etc. (I said drunken as I have seen 6 guys in the back of a truck with guns in one hand and a beer in the other). They were, shall we say, less than gracious at being told they couldn't do what they want,where they want, when ever they want. In fact the term "belligerent" comes to mind. We had a nut job hunter kill 6 other hunters a few years back about 3 miles from that land, so I stopped confronting them. I put out what I call the "Trespasser Cam" to catch them, but it's flash must have been seen and it vanished.

This year I finally could afford an IR cam. Stuck way the snot up in a tree and left to record. Many pictures of trucks coming and going. And this little gem.

(Love it)

poacher.jpg

And yes, that snap and the one of the trucks License plate have already been sent to the DNR warden that is working the other case. By the way, you can't have an uncased gun in, on or even touching a vehicle in our state. And you certainly can't hunt from the back of a moving vehicle.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #2  
I do like your approach. If I must take issue with someone, I always speak frankly to them, I never threaten. If the person I'm addressing, lies or disrespects me, they get reported.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #3  
I do like your approach. If I must take issue with someone, I always speak frankly to them, I never threaten. If the person I'm addressing, lies or disrespects me, they get reported.

+1.....

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #4  
That is nice. They get what is coming to them. You tried and they disrespected you.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #5  
Should you consider moving the cam now that the pix are out? Reason I ask is that if the bad guys see the pix they may be able to figure out where your cam is and come and get it...

Just a thought. great pix, nail them to the wall!

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #6  
Lovely. :cool:

Can we have some details on the IR cam installation, please. I need to do the same thing.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #7  
Thats great! It sure is a camera world...the news said the other day you just never know when your picture is being taken.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #8  
I HATE trespassers:mad:. I got no problem with letting people use my land if their respectful and ask permission, but i wont tolerate belligerent idiots. See if their still so cocky once DNR is through with them. Im sure it likely is, but is the access road gated? Not like that would stop them though:rolleyes:

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #9  
I HATE trespassers:mad:. I got no problem with letting people use my land if their respectful and ask permission
That is key isn't it? Why do they not simply ask?!
I hope these guys get prosecuted.

/ #1 Reason I love IR Cameras #10  
John,

Nice picture. I love it that they will trespass, hunt illegally, poach and do just about anything they want, but still wear blaze orange. Safety first!!!!

We need more stupid people, they make me laugh.

Eddie