1 series help please.

/ 1 series help please. #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
I need help figuring out what I need.

I have 1.5 acres of grass and 180' of driveway to do snow removal.

My question is I would like to purchase a 1023 with 54" auto connect and a rear blade for now to maintain my property.

BUT

I want to be able to add backhoe and fel down the road for my bussiness.

So I know you can't easily add a backhoe to a bx1870 later on, can I order a 1023 this way?

When I try to configure one on web site it's very confusing compared to kubotas website.

By no means is this a orange vs green thread, just need help with pricing and options.

Thanks in advance

/ 1 series help please. #2  
See your Dealer makes this easier.

/ 1 series help please. #3  
You can easily add a backhoe & loader to the John Deere one series at a later date.

Although it may be at a much higher price.

You will get the best price buying attachments with the tractor.

/ 1 series help please. #5  
I purchased the 1025r just a couple weeks ago managed to get in on the $1250 rebate by buying two or more implements. I've only had it since the beginning of the month and absolutely love the machine. I opted to get the H120 loader, 54" auto connect deck, and a rotary tiller. Everything about this machine has just amazed me. I have a single acre in Texas but lots of project in the planning stages. I opted for the larger 1025r for various reasons, but I really wanted the as much HP as I could get but still have a machine small enough to do what I wanted on my lot. I was also told that there were not as many options available for the 1023r such as 4WD being standard.

Looking back I wish I would have added a couple features, the independent deck hydraulics, the upgraded implement hydraulics (nothing available right now on mine), and wish I would have picked up some weights. I've already had neighbors asking me to help with projects and hopefully I can charge just a little to help make the payments easier on the wallet.

My recommendation though, get the larger 1025r you won't be dissapointed. The JD financing so far looks fantastic and their insurance rates can not be beat.

/ 1 series help please. #6  
As stated you can always add the FEL and/or BH later to a 1-series machine, but coming up with the cash or taking out another loan to add them is often difficult. Resale value is also very negatively affected, particularly on machines without a FEL.

/ 1 series help please. #7  
I went in to purchase a 2305 with a MMM and a FEL thinking I would buy a backhoe later. On arrival at the John Deer lot my wife noticed a 2305 TLB and said "We want that one". I had been looking at used machines etc for two years prior and she was sick of it. At the time I was a bit angry because there went all my negotiation ability not that I have any. Turns out it was the right thing to do and the wrong thing. The backhoe is very limited but does the job. I use it maybe once every two years. Planting trees, removing small stumps, digging a gas line along the side of the house etc. I question the backhoe purchase and trust me I really wanted one at the time. I could use a bigger tractor for the 3 point abilities. Problem is and here is the important point. This Tractor has to fit in one half of a small two stall garage with the 3 point snow blower and backhoe. It just fits. So coming from a bigger is always better background it was an ideal compromise. If you have the room buy a bigger tractor you won't be sorry. I have 5.9 acres and a 170 foot driveway on a slope.

/ 1 series help please. #8  
I have the same problem in that garage space is limited, but, I'd like to get a backhoe to dig the foundation for a small barn, like a 12'x20' :D
If it's a compacted rock and beam foundation, it's considered a temporary building, and I don't have to get permits for it. That way, I'd have enough storage space. Currently a 3 car garage but, 2 stalls are cars, and one is Fridge/Freezer and stuff.

Heh.

/ 1 series help please. #9  
Get the FEL now. I bought my 1026 with a 60D deck and nothing else because I only needed it to mow steep hillsides. Now I wish I would have bought the FEL and box blade with my tractor.