1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #211  
This is about as close as you will find to a FOREVER tractor...View attachment 863136
This one is a little closer with better parts availability due to higher production numbers:
IMG_3062.jpeg

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #212  
as a contributing forum member, would be great to see a little less vitriol, more rational civility, & focusing on the topic of this thread, best regards
Well, if you'll notice, there is one common denominator in the old vitriol posts. He loves it! I think there is a name for that! ... starts with a T.

Last edited:
   / 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #213  
   / 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #214  
This one is a little closer with better parts availability due to higher production numbers:
View attachment 863150
No argument here! But I talked my old man out of his when he was 75 and talked him into a Kubota BX for his own safety. He loved the BX for about 4 years until he had to sell the farm for health reasons. He used it for everything.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #215  
You do you, I'll do me. I can do the math and figure out if the EV with BIDENOMICS sways me to use Federal Tax Dollars to lower my transportation costs. One-time savings over lifetime costs need to be considered to make a sound financial decision.

Tesla is one "Western" company to make solid EV vehicles. The early Chevrolet EV1 and various Honda's ended up in the crusher. Ford and General Motors' options have been a huge flop in the marketplace EVEN WITH subsidies to sway buyers to get them.

To say you KNOW NOTHING because YOU DON'T OWN AN EV is simply biased and ignorant. I don't own an airplane either but, that doesn't mean I can't fly one and maintain it. I'm not an artist in the classic sense but, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it either!

Elon Musk is polarizing in Social Media. It is hard to deny what he has done and focusing on only the failures misses the big picture IMHO. In terms of an EV mandate, I simply don't believe it will be possible in the next 20 years. Beyond that is a total guess with our current national debt and our ability to invest in infrastructure.

I am glad it is working out well for you.

You do you and I'll do me. I'm fine with having different opinions based on different facts and experiences.

I'm out of this thread hi-jack at this point, PM me if you want to continue but, at this point I think I'm done ....
Dang, he's right! Stop being a Tactictrollturnip!

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #216  
I have owned several John Deere tractors but my last one I bought used was a JD3520. I have all the attachments including a JD 485 Backhoe with all 4 bucket sizes. I use this tractor to do all my jobs on my 12 acres, finishing mowing, bush hog, grading rototilling, seeding and fertilizing, spraying, forks with jib pole boom. You name it and I can get it done! Like you I am 70 years old with a total knee replacement and a tractor is not worth a dime if the implements or attachments or a pain in the neck to put on. That’s why I own nothing but the JOHN DEERE GREEN!!

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #218  
For me, even compared to John Deere which has probably the biggest dealer network of anyone, I feel safest going with Kubota for the long run.
Granted I know nothing about Korean brands, one thing Kubota has over even JD is Kubota manufactures all their components. From engine to transmission to axles. So you would hope that means they can support parts for a long time into the future.
And now with these ridiculous price increases, I'm pretty sure my current Kubota's are going to be the "ONE's" I have the rest of my life, LOL

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #219  
For me, even compared to John Deere which has probably the biggest dealer network of anyone, I feel safest going with Kubota for the long run.
Granted I know nothing about Korean brands, one thing Kubota has over even JD is Kubota manufactures all their components. From engine to transmission to axles. So you would hope that means they can support parts for a long time into the future.
And now with these ridiculous price increases, I'm pretty sure my current Kubota's are going to be the "ONE's" I have the rest of my life, LOL
I agree. Kubota for the win. Yes you pay a little more but nothing as high as JD and JD is not without its problems...

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #220  
Tough pill to swallow Kubota over JD.