10%-20% off JD list?

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #1  

dieselram

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM
I have heard that for pricing standards, take 10-20% off JD's prices on their site and expect to pay that. Any dealers doing better than 20%?

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #2  
try Mutton Power. You can look them up on the web. VERY good pricing.:D

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #3  
If I sold at 20 percent off it be costing me money and I wouldn't have a job very long. John Deere has lowered there prices on the internet but not reduced what the dealers pay. Just reduced our margin basicly. On average we try to make 10% margin after all is said and done. Every dealer is different and some depending on the item there selling could carry a different dealer margin.

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #4  
I've never seen Deere, or Kubota stuff around here sold anywhere 20% below list. It is much more common than popular belief to see it at 5%, than it is to see it at even 10% below list. Even at that, fuel prices have made delivery of small items more difficult.

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #5  
ChuckinNH said:
I've never seen Deere, or Kubota stuff around here sold anywhere 20% below list. It is much more common than popular belief to see it at 5%, than it is to see it at even 10% below list. Even at that, fuel prices have made delivery of small items more difficult.

Wow....without saying too much to protect the innocent, I guess I got a SMOKIN Good deal/Deal of the century on my Cabbed 3520....
Right place, right time....

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #6  
If you review a few years of threads here on TBN, you will find claims that JD "raised their internet prices" and now it's JD "lowered their internet prices"....
I don't know --- but it's not even a relevant point in the search for a new tractor.

What a search here on TBN will also provide you with is a list of several criteria that is repeated over and over by many folk's who have bought and sold many, many tractors over the years.

One of the most often stated criteria is --- FIND A GOOD DEALER. Hopefully, it will be someone that is reasonably close to where you live. Service, parts and repair-warranty support is much more important that just finding the cheapest tractor available.

Another often repeated observation is --- THERE ARE REGIONAL PRICE DIFFERENCES. My experience gathering quotes has shown this to be true for JD at least. JD offers different financing incentives for regional markets and therefore the price the dealer can offer a machine for can be different depending upon where they are located and the current pricing policy that Deere has in place for that region.

However, competition is still a factor in the buying quest. So, get some quotes. Hit the Internet. Hit the phone.

Look at different colors...

If you get some numbers from a couple of dealers that are "in line" with what appears to be a competitive price range --- go with the folk's that are most likely gonna be there when you and your tractor need them.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #7  
AKFish summed everything up pretty much as perfect as possible. I'd just like to add this:

"Quality (of the dealer) will be long remembered even after the intitial purchase price is long forgotten"

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #8  
Spudland_Dave said:
Wow....without saying too much to protect the innocent, I guess I got a SMOKIN Good deal/Deal of the century on my Cabbed 3520....
Right place, right time....
Spudland_Dave, I calculated mine at 10%, and i did try to get more off, but I hit the "hardline"

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #9  
Around here, i found that getting eight percent off list was easy. Going beyond that you'd need to work a couple dealers against each other ....... which can be difficult if there aren't many within a reasonable driving distance.

/ 10%-20% off JD list? #10  
I know that John Deere sells tractors on the PA State Commodities Contract for 25% off list pricing. This is for state, county, local government, etc. The last tractor I bought in S.E. PA I received 13.5% off list price.