Backhoe 10 days till backhoe!

/ 10 days till backhoe! #11  
congratulations on purchasing the BH!!..I have a Woods 6500 on my B7500 and do not regret it at all. Just keep in mind that this is a compact tractor and won't rip and tear like a Cat 416, ok? I use mine to dig out stumps then to dig holes to bury them in. I am real glad I bought it. If you are careful with it and use your head when digging, then the Backhoe will do everything you ask of it and then some. Good luck!!

/ 10 days till backhoe! #12  
oops..forgot to attach the pic of my hoe..sorry..

Attachments

• 5-142699-TRACTOR1.jpg
    5-142699-TRACTOR1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 97
   / 10 days till backhoe! #13  
<font color=blue>Storage when off the tractor is going to require some thought and preparation.</font color=blue>

Pete, if you have room in your garage to store the tractor with the backhoe mounted, you might be able to do like I do. I keep my backhoe stored in my barn with my tractor. When I have it disconnected, I just park the tractor over the subframe. The only down side to this is I have to remove any other implement when I park the tractor, but my hoe is out of the weather, and realitivly easy to remove/attach this way. The only tricky part about attaching it is backing the tractor up straight over the frame to get every thing to line up.

/ 10 days till backhoe! #14  
Congrats. Don't forget to go burry that dead coyote that's still up on your hill!

/ 10 days till backhoe! #15  
Funny you should mention taking care when backing into the garage...

Had my little NH TC-18 parked in the driveway (lookin' pretty) while I was working around the house. One project was to get the 3-pt tiller out of the garage and store it behind the shed where I wouldn't keep tripping over it. Easiest way I could see to get it over there was pick it up with the fel. So I jumped on, fired her up and proceeded to gingerly drive over the asphalt curbing, located underneath the garage doors, that keeps the rain water out. The tiller was up against the back wall so I drove all the way in, dropped the fel, and manually horsed it into the bucket. I jumped back on and proceeded to back out. That's when I experienced a loud grinding noise that was accompanied by a shudder. Immediately I thought 'What the heck did I just ruin on my tractor?' Funny how thoughts of damaging the house or property never entered my mind.

I was told by many people to always put the b/h bucket on the ground when you park, and I do that religiously. This time however I forgot to raise it up. The end result was the bucket simply wiped out the curbing! Plowed through and broke it down the middle like it was made of styrofoam! Now normally I back into the garage because having the backhoe up against the back wall is just easier from a storage and human ergonomics standpoint. So I'm always watching the b/h as I back into the bay. I never bothered to look at it this time. And I don't understand why I didn't feel the bucket hit when I drove in. But I guess what amazed me the most about this is how even a simple oversight on a small tractor can do some extensive (though thankfully not expensive) damage.

So like the man said, be careful....

/ 10 days till backhoe!
Stabilizers..?

I'm getting mixed signals on this one, and the manual doesn't help. Some say to use the stabilizers to lift the rear tires completely off the ground, and others say to just plant them firmly..?

Pete

/ 10 days till backhoe! #17  
Re: Stabilizers..?

My Kelley bh has a lock to lock the bucket in the up position while in storage and transport. Also my manual says to lower the stabilizer completely before using the bh. Actually it says "Never use the backhoe unit without the stabilizers fully extended. Backhoe/tractor/subframe damage could occur."

/ 10 days till backhoe! #18  

<font color=blue>Some say to use the stabilizers to lift the rear tires completely off the ground, and others say to just plant them firmly..?</font color=blue>

I usually put mine down until they just start to lift the wheels. With the wheels touching, the hoe doesn't tend to move the tractor as much.

/ 10 days till backhoe! #19  

I find it's much more solid with the rear wheels lifted off the ground.

/ 10 days till backhoe! #20  
Congrats Pete, sounds like you have your work all planned out!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif You'll have to have a wall building party at your place if you have that many to do. Ed must of give you some serious seat time to push you over the edge./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif My implement of choice this summer is a York rake. The only catch is that I have to make about a million termite traps to pay for it./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Not really a little extra money never hurt a tractor person./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Take care,