1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated?

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #11  
1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated?
Everything I've read says the 1025r & H120 has a lift capacity of 836lbs. So I was rather surprised when I put in 10 JD Quick-Tatch (R127764) weights in the bucket and the loader operated (curl, rise, lower, dump) just fine (minus the DBS of course) at idle.

So that is 1040lbs, 20% above the rated capacity. I do believe I could have moved more but was concerned I didn't have enough balast.

Is that normal for these "little" tractors to be underrated, that underrated?

My JD 2320 lifts way more than the stated spec, too. HOWEVER, I'm worried that the stated specs may be more focused on preventing front axle damage or something like that, as opposed to just the max strength of the hydraulics, so I try not to use it at its max unless I have to. Especially not at max if I have to move something -- even a slight bouncing of the FEL during transport really exacerbates the load. For instance, I could lift up a pallet of paving stones we bought last year, but I could tell the machine was straining to do so. I ended up putting it back down and breaking it into two separate loads -- my thinking was: just because I CAN lift it doesn't mean I SHOULD lift it.

/ 1025r & H120 Lift Capacity - Underrated? #13  
Hmm. This probably tells me that the 410 loader on my JD 4010 would probably have handled my generator. At the time, I thought it was just above its rated capacity (above the H120 on my 1025). Got my neighbor to do it, as he already had the forks anyway, and a much bigger JD.

Ralph