1025R vs BX2380

/ 1025R vs BX2380 #51  
New to the group and I’m days from buying one of the two the all of u are comparing, and after reading all of your + / - of both sub compacts and all the reviews I’ve read it ether comes down to price or one feature over another. Am I right ?

/ 1025R vs BX2380 #52  
New to the group and I知 days from buying one of the two the all of u are comparing, and after reading all of your + / - of both sub compacts and all the reviews I致e read it ether comes down to price or one feature over another. Am I right ?

Seems to me. We should make a table! Here's what I've taken away: (I'm shopping for a backhoe, so it's the same machine with the hoe - BX23S - that I am comparing)

• Prices are nearly the same. JD is ever so slightly higher, and I think you can justify that pretty easily with the added features, dealer network/support, resale value, etc.
  • Pro JD: 1025r has slightly higher specs on loader/backhoe/3-point
  • Pro JD: Quick connect deck is the best setup by far. No hokey ramps that look dumb you have to slide out.
  • Pro JD: Quick connect loader is the best setup
  • Pro Kubota: Backhoe quick connect is slightly nicer than Deere, maybe?
  • Pro Kubota: Loader valve connector is the nicest
  • Con JD: Loader can only lift or curl, not do both at once.
  • Con Kubota: Reverse is a little "button" behind your foot instead of side-by-side pedals (personal preference I guess)
  • Con JD: Single seat leaves less room on backhoe
  • Pro JD: Pro to the two seats is you don't have to mess with turning and sliding the seat around as you do on the Kubota
  • Pro JD: More convenient step to get onto backhoe (basic step included with Kubota, Shorts/BX or someone offers better one for the Kubota?)

I personally am now back towards leaning to the JD. It's just a bit more polished in its setup despite having a few limitations from the Kubota.

One takeaway I'll provide here: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the machines... the current offerings from ALL the manufacturers seems very good! Both JD and Kubota have essentially free financing right now for 60 months, putting them actually cheaper than the comparable Kioti... which is lacking a few of the features, but otherwise a nice machine too. Buy a machine and start enjoying it without giving yourself an ulcer over it. :)

/ 1025R vs BX2380 #53  
Looking at a JD 1025R and a BX 2380. Thoughts???

I'd look at a B2301 and JD 2025R.

Had a 1025R for about a year and a half. Awful lemon. All kinds of problems, and the engine is really ROUGH compared to either a B2301 or JD 2025R. For instance, the 1025R idles at 1800 rpm. Drove me nuts. The B2301 idled at 1000. The 2025R at 1300.

Absolutely no problems with my old JD 4010 (like a 2019E if they made one today) until its lead U joint blew apart at 9 years and 660 hours and now no problems over a year on the 2025R. Best FEL on this one of the 3. The FEL on the 1025R cannot be trusted. Maybe mine wasn't set right, but I read here about others having similar problems with the FEL controls.

Unfortunately, I could not check out the B2301 I looked at before going with the 2025R, as it was new, and the dealer didn't even have a FEL on it. On a spreadsheet, it beat the 2025R.

Ralph