Buying Advice 1026 Feedback?

/ 1026 Feedback? #11  
You can add Bro Tek skid plates to the BX for woods use, but agree you shouldn't have to and I really like position control.

I believe Kubota is going to have to do a redesign to retain market share.

Kubota used to own this segment. Maybe it didn't have position control but it was the best and only choice. Fast forward a decade and the segment is crowded with stronger, heavier more feature laden tractors for about the same price and Kubota is sitting on the sidelines.

/ 1026 Feedback? #12  
I have had mine for a month now with 30 hours on it. Upgraded from an X320. Wow, what a machine/workhorse. Have moved 30 tandem loads of crushed gravel back filling my new house with the FEL. Have only burnt 10 gallons of fuel. Definitely needs lots of ballast when worked hard with FEL. Lights are more than up to the task for night work. No issues or quality concerns. The only question I have...should I put calcium in the tires?

/ 1026 Feedback? #13  
Kubota used to own this segment. Maybe it didn't have position control but it was the best and only choice. Fast forward a decade and the segment is crowded with stronger, heavier more feature laden tractors for about the same price and Kubota is sitting on the sidelines.

Agreed; brand loyalty is only going to last so long. Some will argue that the added cost is too much and maybe the features aren't important to others, but for me to buy another Kubota in this size, it is going to require an improved product.

For me it is a moot point as if I tried to replace my wife's BX with something green I would have to find someplace else to live as she uses the 2660 and 2305 and HATES the 2305. I just stick with the 5030 and 8540 now.

/ 1026 Feedback? #14  
So far I like everything I see about the 1026R, seems like a perfect machine for close quarters work with one exception, doesn't have 4ws. If the 1026R had been available when shopping last year I may have chose it over the x749. Hard to tell which I would prefer but for the subcompact market where most want a small fell and position control the 1026R looks like a good choice. Hope all the guys with this new model have good luck with them.:thumbsup:

/ 1026 Feedback? #15  
I have had a 2210 for 9 years and am very happy with it except for a few items like a nicer seat, folding rops and more lighting. I added an X series seat/suspension long ago along with 3 add'l lights and a folding rops so I'm pretty happy with my 2210 as I don't be a lot of 3 pt work so the lack of position control is not a big deal. The 1026 fixes all of these shortcomings and adds a few more features. If I was looking to replace mine with the same size but more the 1026 would be near the top of the list.

I run both turfs (summer) and bars (winter) on my tractor, sure wish they would offer it with HDAP's, would make a good compromise tire, better for my needs then the R4's.

Over on *********.com there are several 1026 owners and other then auto-connect issues they are pretty happy so far.

/ 1026 Feedback?
I Googled *********.com, but can't seem to find what you're talking about.:laughing: Just kidding; I'm guessing there is another tractor forum that I'm unaware of.

/ 1026 Feedback? #17  
The only question I have...should I put calcium in the tires?

On a state-of-the-art tractor like your 1026R I would not use calcium . . .but would certainly install Rimguard in all four tires.

I put Rimguard in the tires on my 2320 shortly after purchase and have been pleased with the improvement in traction and just plain old 'surefootedness'.

Enjoy your 1026R. It's a nice machine . . . :thumbsup:

/ 1026 Feedback? #18  
I've had my 1026r since mid August. I got the 60d deck and use the tractor for mowing, mainly hillsides. It's handled everything I've thrown at it. However, it recently started leaking hydraulic fluid from the rear axle near the right tire. I've got around 25 hrs. on it and my dealer is scheduled to pick it up in the morning. I love the features and the way it cuts, but this setback is inconvenient and I didn't expect anything like this so soon. I check all fluids before each use. I noticed the leak after I used it last weekend while it was in the garage (maybe 1 hr use). The transmission fluid was fine but the fluid in the front axle for the mfwd was low. I hope I get it back soon with no other problems.

/ 1026 Feedback? #19  
My 1026R was delivered 9/01/11 - 53" FEL bucket, 42" Horst forks, TSC Carry-All, 60" Rear york rake. Use it for lots of misc. tasks at home and at our camping property. It is classified as a limited Category 1 3 pt hitch - I have dragged a little when going down a medium grade with the carry-all. It doesn't lift the rear implements as high as the JD 4115 unit we previously owned, but other than that, the 1026R shines.

Only 19 hours on it so far, but after bird hunting season slows down, I have lots of firewood to move.