Loader 1026R loader problems

/ 1026R loader problems #11  
Your diagram is upside down. Can you fix it and repost?

/ 1026R loader problems
ForumRunner_20120601_130121.png

/ 1026R loader problems
Im not for sure but it keeps rotating it upside down

/ 1026R loader problems #14  
I was referred to this thread by JJ. I have the bucket float problem with a Yanmar EX450/CL400. Dealer and I and Yanmar have been arguing back and forth since early May. The loader valve is a Prince, and I've talked to Prince and they talk about "sponge", which is cavitation caused when a cylinder extends faster than the hyraulic flow can refill the backside of the piston. This is not the problem!!! Mine is exactly as cottermac describes
If you try to dig, it either digs in or floats on top. This is a fault n the regeneration side of the valve. The estrictor vavle at the rod end of the cylinder will certainly stop "sponge", but will not fix the problem that cottermac and I both have.

The dealer presently has my tractor, and has had for almost 2 weeks, don't think he's put a wrench on it yet. Yanmar sent him a replacement valve, but wanted a video of the action prior to replacing the valve. So far, he's been trying to make a video that satisfies them (according to him). I'm about at my wits end. The only reccomendation I can make is talk to everybody about the dealer before you buy, and if there is a shadow of a doubt about his rep for warranty service, go somwhere else.

/ 1026R loader problems #15  
I've noticed this with my 1026R (Deere) too. For the record, the SCVs on the JD SCUTs and CUTs all have float on the arm and regen on the bucket valves. I have the problem whether or not I have been using the regen, I tried both ways. When I use the bucket to load gravel and the dump and back drag I will find the bucket action tight will have several inches of flop after dumping. The means that when I drop the bucket to back drag the bucket lip will immediately "flop" up several inches (and this isn't a deep bucket to that is many degrees) when the bucket hits the ground. I have then to sit on the dump control for 3-5 seconds before I will have put enough pressure on the edge of the bucket to lift the rear of the bucket and start getting to a proper back drag angle.

Eyecatcher, did you get good results from your servicing?

/ 1026R loader problems #16  
I got absolutely no results from the dealer on the problem. After two full weeks where he did nothing but take pix of the tractor, Yanmar cust svce advised me to go and bring the tractor home and a factory rep would come here to my home and work on it. That appointment was supposed to be last week, bu Isaac showed up. One of the people who was supposed to come was the area sales rep, who lives in Pensacola, so he didn't want to leave home with the threat of a hurricane. Can't blame him for that, but still haven't figured out why a sales rep is involved. The two of them are supposed to reschedule for this week, but with Labor Day, I don't know. I've learned one thing for sure, Lazenby Equipment where I bought the tractor does not have the expertise to fix it. By the way, they did not replace the valve.

/ 1026R loader problems #17  
Has anyone had any problems with their bucket not holding down pressure? I have been using mine alot lately to move dirt and every time I tilt the bucket to back drag with it, it just goes flat. It acts as if it has air in the hydraulic system, but it never does it when I'm breaking dirt out of the pile. I thought it saw this topic brought up but was unable to find it. The dealer has been out and are working on a solution, but I figured I'm probably not the only one having this issue so I thought I would ask.

I have had my 1026r since April. I just got it back from the dealer for the same issue. I found that when I was rolling the bucket downward, there was a hessitation of about 1-2 secs before it would fully engage. The dealer said there was water in the system that caused this. They also said that another customer had a lot of water in theirs. Not sure how it is getting in, but I do wash mine down a lot.

/ 1026R loader problems #18  
Sadly I never wash mine so that can't be the problem for me (and makes me wonder if that is really commonly the problem or just an excuse).

/ 1026R loader problems #19  
I finally got the bucket float fixed on my EX450, I think. Yanmar America customer service sent the tractor to a different dealer than where it was purchased. The head mechanic there had worked for John Deere for many years, and said this was a common problem, and was caused by the wrong oil in the system. Said the oil in geared xmissions vs. hydrostatic had to be different. Said the geared needed Warren 303. Evidently the dealer who did the 50 hr service used the wrong type. He drained, flushed and refilled. Called me and said all was OK. Went to their shop and tried it, it was exactly the same as when they took it. So much for the wrong oil type. I made him show me the container he refilled from - plain old J.D. 303 from tsc. After 8 months of arguing and a tolal of 6 weeks of the tractor being in the shop (2-3wk periods), Yanmar America authorized them to change the control valve. Lo and behold it works. I haven't quite figured out the relationship between regenerate and the float, because once in a while it will still float until I power down on the control, but I think it has to do with regenerate - still working with it. The valve the the J.D. fix is installing is a one way restrictor. I think it would solve the problem, but it is certainly going to slow the bucket dump down. If the valve has regenerate built into it, the restrictor should not be necessary, and in my opinion is a "band aid" for a design problem. I don't know if the same people design and/or build the loaders for both J.D. & Yanmar, but i suspect they do, and very frankly, the loader is a piece of crap. At one point in time I was able to talk to and engineer from Prince about this problem, and he told me quite frankly "we sell them the valve, we don't design their system".

/ 1026R loader problems #20  

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120601_130121.png
    ForumRunner_20120601_130121.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 249