1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #11  
The valve I see does not have a handle, but does have what looks like a relief valve.

One of those lines goes into the side of the tractor.

Two of them goes to the back.

Last edited:
   / 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
Make up a 3000 psi hyd test set like these and you will be able to monitor and trouble shoot the hyd system..

what should the hydraulic pressure read with a gauge like the one you showed me? I really can't thank you enough for helping me also.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #13  
The valve I see does not have a handle, but does have what looks like a relief valve.

One of those lines goes into the side of the tractor.

One of the the lines goes to the back.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #14  
JJ. Does JD do online hydraulic schematics?

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #15  
You will need to look in your tractor manual or call your tractor place, unless someone on TBN knows.

When you get the chance, install the gage and just see what the relief pressure is.

You check the pressure by maxing out the cyl and the relief valve will activate and give you the set reading.

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #17  
That is the Flow Divider block,and the valve you messed with is the Steering Relief Valve.Is the stop valve open? The one that says open,close? Unscrew it all the way out. If you have water in the oil,and it is cold enough to freeze,the screen is at the Bottom of the tractor-might be iced up?
The main relief valve should be set at 2050-2150 psi at 1500 rpm

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics
That is the Flow Divider block,and the valve you messed with is the Steering Relief Valve.Is the stop valve open? The one that says open,close? Unscrew it all the way out. If you have water in the oil,and it is cold enough to freeze,the screen is at the Bottom of the tractor-might be iced up?

I tried to turn the big green knob that says "open, close". I couldnt turn it by hand. I was able to turn it a little. Which way should i turn it? Clockwise or counter?

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #19  
Counter clockwise

/ 1050 John Deere. Question about 3 point hitch and hydraulics #20  
my 950 had a little lever under the seat that was painted red and only about 1 1/2" long. If it was flipped to the wrong side it did something to hyds but just don't recall just what it did. See if you can find it on the 1050.