Backhoe 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate?

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #11  
Ak,

I also have a 110 and noted you were talking about the tech manual. I was going to order the manual from deere (tm1987 correct?). Its a little on the expensive side (145 bucks for pdf). How concise is the manual and how much detail does it go into? Ive read other deere publication and always found them to be very well written. Just want to make sure this manual is worth it.

Thanks,

Dan

Yep.... TM1987. I paid $150! I've got a 19-yr old in college... you really wanna talk about EXPENSIVE books?!?

Very well written. It goes into detail - but, is really written for professionally trained Deere mechanics. There are gaps in the explaination's (which is really necessary; or the book would be 1,200 pages) and the assumption is that the reader is knowledgable and/or experienced with mechanical repair work.

If nothing else - the manual will aid you to better understand what/how extensive any repairs might be and you'll be that further ahead when working with your local dealer should the time come that your 110 might need repairs you don't have the tools or the experience to tackle.

AKfish

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #12  
Thanks ak. The reason i asked is because most deere equipment has a repair manual and a test manual. The 110 does not. Since the 110 has been treated like the step child of the construction division, i wasnt sure if it was written like a real manual or like a riding lawnmower manual. i didn't feel like shelling out 150 bucks for it to show me where the starter is located. Ive dealt with enough tech manuals and machinery to handle most of the repairs ill need to do so i can skip the dealer, although im located not far from the biggest seller of 110s in the country. Thanks for your help, ill be buying the manual shortly.

Dan

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #14  
I was wondering if anybody tried a loader mounted bush cutter on a JD 110 TLB that needs a flo of 11-20 gpm. After watching some videos on youtube, J.R. Meredith runs a bush cutters that requires 7-15 gpm and is 48'' wide on his 110. I know that a flow of 7-15 gpm is well within the range of the 110. The bush cutter that I have been thinking about buying requires a flo rate of 11-20 gpm and is 72'' wide. Has anyone tried a bush cutter that requires a 11-20 gpm flo on a lo-flo tractor similar to the JD 110TLB ?
Before I spend the $4000. I would like some opinions.

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #15  
Doc, I've watched all of JR's vidoes and the performance of the loader mounted brush hog certainly seems subpar to me.
He also running duals on the 110 which is very interesting. It seems the cutter recovery rate is pretty weak by the video's I've seen and it appears to lose some flow just reversing the 110 by the sound of the rotor..
It seems to me that a 3 pt mounted cutter would be better(other than the loss of high reach) and cost a lot less to.
If you're **** bent on a loader mounted unit I'd spend the money on a pto hydro pack and heavier duty mower like the bradco landshark.

Matt

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #16  
Doc, I've watched all of JR's vidoes and the performance of the loader mounted brush hog certainly seems subpar to me.
It seems the cutter recovery rate is pretty weak by the video's I've seen and it appears to lose some flow just reversing the 110 by the sound of the rotor..
Matt

I agree, after watching JR's videos again I can see that his bush cutter appears to lose power under load / as he cuts with the blade.
Thanks for bring it to my attention.

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #17  
A 110 does not have enough hydraulic power to do a good job with a mower. You need about twice as much to get much done.

/ 110 tlb 7th function hydraulic flow rate? #20  
Running power pack can work but recognize that the 110 pto would run the 33 gpm at a maximum pressure of just over 1600 psi. With the 25 gpm model you could run a maximum pressure of just over 2100 psi. This is for continuous use, I would expect you could exceed these pressures for short terms spikes (a few seconds). Much more than that and you would stall the engine. FWIW, 33 gpm at 3000 psi would require 58 horsepower.

The front aux couplers are good for almost 12 gpm at 3000 psi which equates to using 21 horsepower. That is about half the gross power of 43 hp. and you still need to operate the tractors other functions. Remember the pto ratings of tractors are given with the machines parked. So if you are driving up a hill you will not be able to obtain the full pto hp rating.

The 7th function on the hoe is supposed to have a flow rate of about 16 gpm at 3000 psi. Which would require 28 hp to run, I don't think I would exceed those numbers.

With all of the above said you will find that once up to speed the mower would spin at a lower pressure below 1000 psi and would increase as the load on the mower increased. I don't think you would gain much with a power pack unit because it is very close to the built in hydraulics capabilities.

The width of the hydraulic motor's gears would need to be matched to the hydraulic system design parameters.