110 TLB Hydraulic PHD

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD #21  
Can you operate the PA30 auger on the front loader as well as the backhoe?

You could with the ssqa adaptor plate but it would be slow turning I have used a Bobcat PA on my 110 and it worked well.

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD #22  
You could with the ssqa adaptor plate but it would be slow turning I have used a Bobcat PA on my 110 and it worked well.

I know the front set of Hydraulics on the 110 is 10 to 12 gpm not sure about the rear

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD #24  
As Deere list's their flows as theoretical the hoe is rated at 16GPM.

Matt

Yes to above but in the real world it turns the auger at about 50rpm (guessing) and makes the hole fast. I bump the forward and reverse pedal on the hoe aux circuit to shed the dirt as it does not sling off. A man on the ground can clear the flutes with a shovel if necessary. Sometimes I lay the auger over to shed the dirt. The long and short of it is it is easy to make the hole that might be a real problem for a 3 pt auger to make.

An excavator with 30gpm hydraulics would be nice but isn't in my budget. I make do with what I have and while slow it still has the torque to match the PA 30 maximum design limits. So far I haven't had problems making hole with mine so I am satisfied with it.

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD
Well this journey took a turn for the worst last night, I decided I was going to disassemble the housing and clean and paint it best I could. To my shock upon removal of the housing the crankcase cover which mounts the hydro motor to the crank case is cracked 180. There was no way to see this however without taking it all apart. So I of course contacted the guy I bought it from who's trying to blame me. I explained that I don't even have an auger for it yet.

So off the JDparts to find a good parts break down. Parts list has no specific number for just the crankcase cover. Email the dealer and he comes back to me with the crankcase cover can't be purchased separately and I'll need the whole crankcase,$2300 for the case. So now I'm waiting to hear what the seller is going to do on this. This was a CL deal but the guy buys and sells used construction equipment and seemed like a decent guy. It's part #10 on the pdf.

IMG_2097.JPGIMG_2099.JPGView attachment 2664_001.pdf

Matt:fiery:

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD #26  
You might try to see if you can find a McMillen dealer. That is the mfg for this post hole digger, you could probably get just the parts you need from them. Try to find the McMillen model that matches your unit, order as if that is what you have vs the Deere branded one. Might have better luck.

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD
You might try to see if you can find a McMillen dealer. That is the mfg for this post hole digger, you could probably get just the parts you need from them. Try to find the McMillen model that matches your unit, order as if that is what you have vs the Deere branded one. Might have better luck.

I've already got an email into Paladin(Mcmillan's parent company). My dealer was also heading that direction as well. I can also weld repair it I'm fairly certain. I'm sorta in limbo until I hear back from the seller. If he's gonna take it back I won't mess with it. I was going to purchase a lightly used PA 30 from a Midwest dealer that was in newer condition but decided to buy local to save shipping. Perhaps I should have purchased from them?

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD
So the reply from McMillan is the crank case cover can't be purchased separately and I'd need the whole case for the price of 2k.😡

So at this point I'm going to try to get the seller to take it back. I can't understand why oems pull this stuff with parts. Deere does his stuff a lot.

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD #29  
GWhunter
Likely is a financial decision and the cost of carrying inventory of parts.

Business will not survive without making a profit. Unlike the governments... where free tax money is available. ;)

Wish you well with the seller... obvious this is an old break.

/ 110 TLB Hydraulic PHD
This unit is in current production so it's not a stocking issue. It's greed, they need to take a page from Woodmizers book on parts.

The entire unit new is in the 3k range, there's no way that the crank case is 80% of the cost. The hydraulic motor is an expensive item and then there's the mount, seals bearing etc.