110v chain saw

/ 110v chain saw #1  

amigauser

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Makita-UC4030A-Commercial-Grade-Tool-Less-Adjustments/dp/B001ASOZLG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: Makita UC4030A Commercial-Grade 16-Inch 15 amp Electric Chain Saw with Tool-Less Blade And Chain Adjustments: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Anyone use one of these?

I am going to pick up an electric log splitter
Ramsplitter HV16-4 - 16-Ton Horizontal / Vertical Electric Log Splitter

And thought this would be a good combo for sizing wood prior to splitting. I also own a couple of Stihl gas saws (MS362 and MS460) but they seem a little overkill for sizing wood and I like the quietness of the electric version if it works ok.

Any input appreciated.

/ 110v chain saw #2  
As long as extension cords wont get in the way ... :confused3:

/ 110v chain saw #3  
It may be great, but I have several at half the amps and 1/4 the price that work great around the house, and I can run a long cord if I need to, without the voltage drop of a high amp saw.

Bruce

/ 110v chain saw #4  
I cant really comment on the electric chainsaw, but just thought I'd mention that I looked at this thread this morning and now I am getting TBN banner ads for makita electric chainsaws:laughing:

I am not an electric chainsaw fan, but looking at some of the specs, the makita does appear to be one of the better electric ones. I just dont like the hastle with the cord. And for the price, that would buy you a pretty good ~35cc trim saw that will probabally cut faster and no need to pay attention to a cord.

/ 110v chain saw #6  
I am not positive but I believe it is because they dont have a chain brake/band. The way the kevlars work is that it bind up the brake band. Without that.....

But the kevlars would definatally be better than nothing though