110V Electrical Question

/ 110V Electrical Question #111  
It is not very nice ... I have 100 head of cows 6 miles from the house ... yesterday took hay and cubes over ... the back roads have been driven on and compacted to the point of about a solid sheet of ice ... slow going and 4 wheel drive.

100 head. WOW, am I ever jealous. We had 14 head last winter and on our little 17 acre place that was too much. Went through $600 in hay every month. Quite happy to only have 5 this winter, but it'll cost us in the ability to sell beef for a few years until we can get the numbers back up some.

/ 110V Electrical Question
Glad to hear they are doing well. I'm sure this current weather has been making it a challenge.

104 pullets? Hmm... hope you like eggs and chicken.:laughing:

You asked about the cost to have an electrician replace the panel and meter. I would expect labor to have been between $300 and $500. I'm looking forward to seeing pix of both the temporary and permanent work.:thumbsup:

So I didn't give it a thought to take pictures of the "temporary" work ... gives me something to do today !!

/ 110V Electrical Question #113  
So I didn't give it a thought to take pictures of the "temporary" work ... gives me something to do today !!

It would be nice to see some pix of the snow around the farm too.

I love snow.....
...as long as it's at someone elses place.:laughing:

/ 110V Electrical Question
Jim,
Have you done a thread on your place with the snow? I've been hoping someone would start one on the Texas snow, but haven't noticed one.

Here are some pictures of the temporary ... you can see the panel is a "New" one that had not been used ... a little rusty ... but, it was a free one!!

Snow pictures coming ...

Attachments

• 101_6388.JPG
    101_6388.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 101_6390.JPG
    101_6390.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 78
   / 110V Electrical Question #115  
It's good to see you have it fixed and upgraded. :) Murphy certainly was working overtime making sure you had to change it out at the very worst possible time, but at least it wasn't dark to boot! :D Great job!:thumbsup:

/ 110V Electrical Question #116  
Jim,
Have you done a thread on your place with the snow? I've been hoping someone would start one on the Texas snow, but haven't noticed one.

I posted a few pictures in the Rolling Blackout thread. I'd post more, but I have a freeze-busted pipe and cleanup must be done first.

/ 110V Electrical Question #117  
I posted a few pictures in the Rolling Blackout thread. I'd post more, but I have a freeze-busted pipe and cleanup must be done first.

I found that thread after I posted the question. Now I've been following jlsmith's thread on the snow.

Sorry to hear about the pipe. That always sucks, but what can you do?:confused3: