12 Volt Battery Replacement

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #1  

Tobyone

Tractor
2012 Kubota B3200 HSD w/ FEL, 60 in mid mount mower and 60 in box blade
Gents,

I have a 2012 Kubota B3200 series tractor with FEL. The original battery that came with my tractor is not holding a charge and is only 2 years old. The original Kubota battery has a 1 year warranty? There is also no name on the battery, just a product number 55B24LS (51R-430). I am looking for a recommendation on a replacement battery other than Kubota. Your assistance and expertise is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Tobyone

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #2  
I'll bet the battery is a 55 AH group 24

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #3  
I measured the battery enclosure and hold downs on mine and went to the local NTB battery place and asked them to get me the biggest battery that would fit in those dimensions.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #4  
Your B3200 takes a Group 51R battery,typically about 450-475 cold cranking amps(CCA),it's a common size for Honda automobiles.

Many here have had fantastic luck with their Kubota batteries.
Interstate batteries are well respected.
Carquest,NAPA,and Parts Plus sell East Penn batteries which are also very good.

Good Luck!

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #5  
Awesome member Ductape replaced his B3030 battery with a Group 34 battery with a little modification.Many more CCA's.May also work for you as they are similar tractors.

I measured the battery enclosure and hold downs on mine and went to the local NTB battery place and asked them to get me the biggest battery that would fit in those dimensions.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #6  
My Kubota L245DT has a 1000 cca battery from Auto zone that has the top and side posts both on it. The side mounts make great hook-ups for all your accessories. Prior to that I ran a Cat battery that came from work with lo voltage. My little tractor ran on it for five years. Lower cranking amps are supposed to require a smaller number of plates cramped into the battery box allowing longer life. Makes sense but I have never tried it. Small little Nissan Frontier is really neglected and gets the twenty dollar junk yard exchange battery every 4 or 5 years. Truck used every day so battery must be working.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #7  
Awesome member Ductape replaced his B3030 battery with a Group 34 battery with a little modification.Many more CCA's.May also work for you as they are similar tractors.

One of the best things I've done to my tractor. I was fed up when my second group 51R (an Interstate) took a dump. The change gave me 800 CCAs and was pretty straight forward. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #8  
Have gotten good service out of the OEM battery that came with my tractor when I bought it new in 2007, but not sure I want to take a chance on another winter. Anyone know the group number for an M7040HD? Thanks.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #9  
As mentioned, any auto parts or battery store can match up your battery. It would hurt to get the biggest battery with the most CCA that will fit in your battery case. Having top and side posts would be a plus. I deal with a store called Battery World, their prices are lower than the auto parts stores because that's all they sell.

/ 12 Volt Battery Replacement #10  
Hugenpoet - your owners manual will tell you. Your M7040 will take the same battery as mine - Group 31. I replaced mine last fall with a unit having 1050 CCA.
I was going to get an Optima AGM until I saw the price - WOW.