12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #1  

jblackwell

Tractor
Kubota B2620
Is there a 12-volt connection at the back of a BX2200 that I can connect a sprayer to? If not, where is the best place to get 12-volts?
Thanks,
jb

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #2  
I don't have a BX, but I simply wired in a 12-volt cigarette type outlet on 2 tractors. I included a water proof switch so I can turn my sprayer on or off as needed. The 12-volt outlets are plastic waterproof units and designed for use in exposed pick up truck beds. The switches are from a marine supplier. All the wiring is run to the alternator stub, has inline fuses, and is not tapped into the tractor wiring block.

Waterproof 12-volt outlet mounted to NH

12-volt outlet mounted on Kubota

Waterproof switches on NH

Waterproof Switch on Kubota

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #3  
I know my BX2230 if you flip up the seat there is a pair of bullet conectors for that purpose. But if you need to add power it IS easy see above

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #4  
only one of the two wires are for powering a rear lamp. The other is for another tactor model and not used on the BX. If you ground it, a light will illuminate on the dash. The BX doesn't use that wire for anything.

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #5  
To expand on Junkman's reply, The wire you want supplies 12vdc with the ignition key "on" and 0 volts with the key "off". Use the frame for ground return.
On my BX23 theres a 20amp fuse in the dash just for this key-switch powered connection also.
The other wire in the connector isn't used on American marketed BX's from what I've read & been told.

Volfandt

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200
That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the good info.
John

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( only one of the two wires are for powering a rear lamp. The other is for another tactor model and not used on the BX. If you ground it, a light will illuminate on the dash. The BX doesn't use that wire for anything. )</font>

Thanks again Junkman would have fought that when hooking up my sprayer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #8  
My NorthStar sprayer from N.H. Northern came with a an 18" two strand wire with U-terminals on the ends. These connect to the battery. There is a little plug on the other end. I just let this go over the screen between the operator's seat and the battery. This wire always stays connected, with about 4" hanging loose. The sprayer has a long wire which plugs into the short one.

I bought the type sprayer designed to bungee onto the back of an ATV. To use it, I attach my carry all to the 3ph, put a plank on the carry all, set the sprayer on the plank, and bungee the tank in place. Works well.

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you ground it, a light will illuminate on the dash. )</font>

Hey, you got me thinkin' bet this could be used for the light for the "drive around with the brake on crowd". I'll have to check that out.

/ 12 volt sprayer connection to BX2200 #10  
Having become a new member of that crowd let us know !!! I found its very easy to leave the brake on when you are trying to run partial throttle for break in reasons /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif