12 volt waterproof connector

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #11  
The connector on the back of many vehicles that people use to connect their boat lights to their vehicle seems to be waterproof enough to work year after year ... yes, I mean the 4-pole trailer connector.

They also make that in a two-pole version

View attachment 605651

For what you want, this would be waterproof enough.

It just seems to me that there is no reason to reinvent the wheel when there is already a proven connector that works just fine for 12V systems.

Yes these are waterproof enough, especially if you keep some silicone grease on the connectors. Also they make them with a snap on weather cover. I have one on the back of my tractor for hooking up my sprayer. Make sure the exposed connector on the battery side is the ground. That way if something metalic should touche the bare connector and the ground nothing bad will happen. These are typically good for 4 or 5 amps certainly enough for a small transfer pump.

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #12  
The connector on the back of many vehicles that people use to connect their boat lights to their vehicle seems to be waterproof enough to work year after year ... yes, I mean the 4-pole trailer connector.

They also make that in a two-pole version

View attachment 605651

For what you want, this would be waterproof enough.

It just seems to me that there is no reason to reinvent the wheel when there is already a proven connector that works just fine for 12V systems.
These are what I referred to, SAE connectors

/ 12 volt waterproof connector
All really great ideas.
Thanks for all the replies.

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #14  
Weatherproof connectors are only weather proof when connected, not dangling only one half. Delphi Weather Pack is one brand. They have a seal on each wire lead and a seal for the connection on one connector half. Your car or truck will have them under the hood.

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #15  
I also keep a spare 12v battery next to my tank. It only needs to be recharged once a year. Very low draw. fuel 1.jpg

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #17  
Keep it simple.

I went with cigarette lighters. I attached the female end to my tractors. I have them on three tractors. And the male end on my 12 fuel pump and also on my sprayer. I also have cigarette lighets female connections on my Kawasaki Mule from the factory that I use for the sprayer, or just a 12 volt spotlight.

They have been on for a dozen years or so without any issues. They are outside 24/7.

/ 12 volt waterproof connector #18  
   / 12 volt waterproof connector
Weatherproof connectors are only weather proof when connected, not dangling only one half.
From the time I posted about this Ive found more options and they include "waterproof" options, including marine grade. Thanks for your input just the same.

I also keep a spare 12v battery next to my tank. It only needs to be recharged once a year. Very low draw.View attachment 605739
Sounds great and an option that I will keep in mind. Thanks

Looks like a good one. Thanks

Keep it simple.

I went with cigarette lighters. I attached the female end to my tractors. I have them on three tractors. And the male end on my 12 fuel pump and also on my sprayer. I also have cigarette lighets female connections on my Kawasaki Mule from the factory that I use for the sprayer, or just a 12 volt spotlight.

They have been on for a dozen years or so without any issues. They are outside 24/7.
Hard to beat real world experience. Thanks for that.

That is a very nice one with 12 gauge wire and a secure attached cover. That would be ideal.
Agreed