120-Volt Mig welder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / 120-Volt Mig welder. #11  
Shield can you say a bit about what is in the pictures. Just a line on each would be useful. And, is 7x4 "standardized test whacks" good, bad, indifferent? Did the weld break loose, or bend. I can't quite see for sure. thx!

/ 120-Volt Mig welder.
Actually I was surprised it took 7-blows. If you look close at the picture of the top plate. There is next to no penetration at all.
This is not a very scientific test. The fillet weld plate should be put in a press.
I found some 3/16-inch thick plate, I cut up some coupons to do a face and root bend test tomorrow.
Destructive Testing of Welds

Attachments

• F test.jpg
    F test.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
   / 120-Volt Mig welder. #13  
Actually I was surprised it took 7-blows. If you look close at the picture of the top plate. There is next to no penetration at all.
This is not a very scientific test. The fillet weld plate should be but in a press.
I found some 3/16-inch thick plate, I cut up some coupons to do a face and root bend test tomorrow.
Destructive Testing of Welds
Yes, interested in what 100amps can do on 3/16in. Please do report.

/ 120-Volt Mig welder. #14  
Just curious...how many didn't see this coming???

/ 120-Volt Mig welder. #16  
[
Isn't this the best way to learn what a 120-volt welder can do?
No...your animosity towards the subject is legendary on TBN...enough said but let me digress...
I've bent the p_iss out of stuff (thumb grapple to be specific) (1/4") I've welded with a 120V welder and not one weld showed any type of failure...stress cracks etc...

/ 120-Volt Mig welder. #17  
Thread pruned. Not everyone got a PM. Please continue the discussion.

Wow
Nothing bad prior to 3:37 then pruned at 4:52. Must have missed something in that hour and fifteen minutes

/ 120-Volt Mig welder.
[
No...your animosity towards the subject is legendary on TBN...enough said but let me digress...
All I did was voice my opinion. And what a fire storm that started with Sodo, and roadhunter:eek:. I told a lady to avoid buying a 120-volt Mig welder. Here I was thinking this is America, where we have freedom of speech. :confused3:

/ 120-Volt Mig welder. #19  
All I did was voice my opinion. And what a fire storm that started with Sodo, and roadhunter:eek:. I told a lady to avoid buying a 120-volt Mig welder. Here I was thinking this is America, where we have freedom of speech. :confused3:
You do know what they say about opinions don't you...:laughing:

/ 120-Volt Mig welder.
You do know what they say about opinions don't you...:laughing:
Sure, we all have one. If Sodo is willing, he is more than welcome to bring his welder over so we can do some testing together:cool2:. He is only an hour from me.
I'm sure this welder is at the bottom of the pecking order. I'd really like to try a top of the line 120-volt Mig welder.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.