120V MIG welders.

/ 120V MIG welders. #51  
Why, right after my post, would you say you've come across no firsthand experience?

I just gave you two people who both pushed their migs too far, too often - me and my brother.

Both of us ran 20 amps circuits naturally, 75/25 shielding, 0.030" wire.
My circuit is only about 6" from the panel and the only plug on it.
Both machines ran much longer in the winter naturally, overheated fast in the hot part of the summer..

Ok again with .030 wire. I only used .023 on my Miller 135, as the salesman recommended. Dave curious what brand was your 120v MIG and when was this?

/ 120V MIG welders. #52  
Heh. Made you look. Given the hub bub about 120V capabilities, and the fact that several of you guys have asked me about our inverter 140's I figured this would get your attention. The new 120V Power iMIG 140Es are in. I know I have talked to several of you and you asked me to let you know, but I can't remember who it was since it has been so long and this is the only way I could figure to keep my promise. I apologize, but it's been a long couple of months with the website launch and fixing bugs and seeing after other things so I misplaced my list somewhere on my computer. It's in a file somewhere....

Special introductory pricing to all TBN members. PM me or call me.

Now, I think this is a good opportunity to find out what they will and won't do for some of you. Happy fourth.

Keep this in mind, welders get to play with fireworks all the time...legally.

Ahem...me here. I received the 120V 140E iMIG yesterday evening. I'd be out today testing it, but heat index is 110 or so. The MIG may or may not overheat, but I definitely will. Hoping to get some rain to cool things off, if it doesn't steam back up as soon as it stops. I'll start this afternoon looking at it if I can stand it and at least post some more detailed pictures if I can by tonight late. I am also going to take a different approach with it, and take it out of my welding facilities and take it over to a friends welding shop where there are different types of projects going on from what people have seen on the other videos, and maybe give it a good practical testing. The old video camera has seen better days. I may be trying out the new Galaxy tablet's capabilities to some HD filming. May not be steller, but may work until I can work myself into a new video situation.

Mark -
Look forward to your review.
Could you start another thread to post an actual review (with lot's of pics :) ) and the get the mods to close it?
The childish bickering that is continuing in this thread is tedious to wade through looking for a morsel of actual information.

/ 120V MIG welders. #53  
Mark -
Look forward to your review.
Could you start another thread to post an actual review (with lot's of pics :) ) and the get the mods to close it?
The childish bickering that is continuing in this thread is tedious to wade through looking for a morsel of actual information.

Sadly the case. Maybe Mark should title his next thread "120v Mig Welders (for adults only)". Just sayin.

/ 120V MIG welders. #54  
Well I have been quite pleased that 120v MIGs can be discussed with no bickering. Agreed it needs a new thread by the time Mark cranks up a 140E.

/ 120V MIG welders. #55  
Ok again with .030 wire. I only used .023 on my Miller 135, as the salesman recommended. Dave curious what brand was your 120v MIG and when was this?

My little one is a craftsman from the 90's which is a century/lincoln. Still have it but only use it with fluxcore now - and very rarely. Runs .035" flux core about as good as the 120v Lincoln fluxcore only machine I had for a while.

Brother had the miller 130 and sold it within the last month or so - buying a bigger one next time.
Both ran the .030" solid wire smoother at higher settings.

Based on these three small transformer machines, and my positive experiences with 120/240v inverter stick welders, I think new generation inverter migs will be interesting and will likely output more amps.