1260 doesn’t shut off

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off #1  

dgwenzen

Tractor
MF 1260
I believe the shutoff fuel solenoid is not working. It has a rubber boot and two wires to it. It has a spring loaded plunger under the rubber boot. If i turn the key switch off, the tractor stays running until I press the plunger in with my finger. I removed the solenoid assembly and tested the two wires to it with 12v. Nothing happens. But while it still has voltage and i push the plunger in, it stays in until i remove the voltage, then it pops back out. I can’t find this shutoff solenoid in my service manual. My manual shows a solenoid with an arm linkage.

Anyone have any thoughts about the shutoff solenoid? I can read ISEKI or something like that, but I can’t read the numbers on it. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1314.jpeg
    IMG_1314.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
   / 1260 doesn’t shut off #2  
Hopefully others with more insight will reply, below are some threads you might want to refer to:

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off
Am I looking for the E3AD1 for the replacement?

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off
I am assuming if working properly that applying 12v to the wires should make the plunger move from the rubber boot end to the other end. I want to make sure I actually need this part because it is not working correctly.

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off #7  
Many times, a two wire fuel solenoid is grounded through its case. One wire is the pull coil and the other is the hold coil.

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off
Thanks. I checked that and there was no continuity from the solenoid base to either wire terminal, regardless of whether the plunger was out or manually held in.

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off #9  
I think it's safe to say the unit is no good. I would suggest you shop for a replacement. Then again, depending on cost of said item, I might also consider mounting a choke or other control cable and just using that instead of the electric shut off. That was the standard for the industry for many years and it still works.

/ 1260 doesn’t shut off
Both of these look similar to what I removed. I have the E3CD engine

1708463413777.jpeg

Attachments

• 1708463371554.jpeg
    1708463371554.jpeg
    429.7 KB · Views: 14