12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON

/ 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #1  

deerhunter88

Tractor
2014 mahindra 4530
I have an 80 gallon tank that fits in the bed of my Yamaha Viking. It has a metal frame around it to make for easy loading and unloading with the tractor. I want to convert it to a 12V sprayer system. The tank originally had a gas motor hooked to it for spraying commercially but everything was done from a hand nozzle. Gas motor is shot as it sat up in the weather for years and has plenty parts missing from it.
How would you pair the 12V pump to the nozzles? Looking to make it boomless.

/ 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #2  
You will have to look at the GPM needed to run the biggest nozzles you want to use , then source a pump that can deliver that flow at the needed pressure.

/ 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #3  
I built a 3 pt. sprayer with a 100 gallon saddle tank from a road tractor with booms and also a boomless nozzle in the center for an option. The problem I ran into is the GPM of the boomless nozzle, I can't drive fast enough because it sprays so much so fast. Our ground is too rough for it. Just something to think about for you. I went back to using the booms with small nozzles and it works great for my application. I know, different needs for different people.

/ 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #4  
Tank size is sort of irrelevant... It's all about nozzle size, GPM to match nozzle to match workflow.... You going to be riding and spraying or walking and spraying... For my almost a ranch operation (5 acres postage stamp size) I have 10 gallon tank ( yes I should have gone bigger) a 1 GPM pump and 50ft of hose, and went up one size nozzle when I replaced pump I replaced wand, now I put out more product and drain tank faster but seem to get less coverage.....Though I like the ergonomics of "new" hand nozzle (wand), I may go back to old smaller nozzle (wand) to actually be more efficient...The seems to be a formula to GPM/nozzle size/workflow... Even with large pump and GPM, it's still can you operate faster than nozzle can put out material...

As long as GPM is more than your workflow, you can us about any electric (12 volt) pump in range if it has automatic start/stop control by internal (or external) pressure switch....

Dale

Last edited:
   / 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #5  
I run one of these nozzles with a 3gpm flowjet pump. Have a manifold that allows agitation back into the tank as needed. Covers around 16-18ft....

nozzle https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326933_200326933

manifold... Fimco Quick Release Manifold Kit 7771967

IMG_20190328_185559211_HDR.jpg

/ 12V BOOMLESS SPRAYER - 80 GALLON #6  
I run one of these nozzles with a 3gpm flowjet pump. Have a manifold that allows agitation back into the tank as needed. Covers around 16-18ft....

nozzle https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200326933_200326933

manifold... Fimco Quick Release Manifold Kit 7771967

View attachment 626964

Wish I would have known about them when I built it, I went with a 60' wide brass one TeeJet / Spraying Systems BoomJet(R) Boomless Off Center Nozzle, Brass: 3/4'' FPT, 6 Orifice - Dultmeier Sales