12v diesel transfer pump

/ 12v diesel transfer pump #11  
I would certainly try and if it doesn't work, just add it to the increasingly long list of things I wasn't able to repair, or in some cases, not even figure out how they came apart.
I've never had a problem figuring out how to take something apart. Putting it back together on the other hand...

/ 12v diesel transfer pump #12  
When I went mobile with my refueling effort, I had an old trailer made from a P/U bed. I installed 3ea. 55 gallon oil drums and went to TSC and bought the cheapest 12v pump they had. Been so long I can't remember. I use my old equipment batteries to power it....they hold enough of a charge and supply the meager amps required to run the pump so I don't need a new battery...just charge this one when the flow drops off. GPMs are fast enough to make for quick fill ups.

/ 12v diesel transfer pump #13  
I believe (not certain 100%) but I think HF is going to introduce a Li-Ion version of their battery eating transfer pump. Would be nice in as much as you need srock in a battery company to use the present one.

/ 12v diesel transfer pump #14  
Ever look at detailed drawings of where a drain plug is? There's always a lip below which the oil cannot drain from the drain plug. An oil extractor can get down in that space before the lip and suck the oil out.

It's just a whole lot easier, particularly if the oil filter is located accessible from the top of the engine, to extract the oil rather than use the drain plug. I did a test on all my engines when I first got the extractor. I'd extract the oil and then open the drain plug. In most case, NOTHING came out. This was especially the case on my (then) JD 4010. No getting hot (near 200 F) oil on my hands (or hopefully nitrile gloved hand).

Ralph

Yup....
I have an older Mercedes E-320
Filter is top mounted.
Suck the oil out through the dipstick hole, replace the filter (cartridge).
I usually do not spill a drop.

/ 12v diesel transfer pump #15  
They work good unless you have engines with double sump pans.